Author Topic: BF Goodrich G-force reviewed  (Read 2824 times)

Offline wicked

• antrx.com senior member
  • U13
BF Goodrich G-force reviewed
« on: Sep 10, 2006, 09:28AM »
Hi Guys,

Here's some background information. I wanted a performance tyre that is reasonably priced, good grip in wet and dry, fairly quiet and last at least 30000km with moderate driving. I've read 2005 tyre review and the two that came up top are Bridgestone G3 and BF Goodrich G-force.

After contemplating between G3 and G-force, I've finally swapped my old crappy tyres (tyres that I'll never put on my car) for a new set of G-force (on stock U13 rims). I'm really impressed with the tyres.

http://www.bfgoodrich.com.au/index.php?a=tires.passenger&name_copy=G-Force+Sport

Here's what I like about it:
Very good dry traction
Good steering response
Aggressive looking track with thick sidewall,
Quiet tyre considering it is a performance tyre. So far I've tested it at only 110km/h
Size availabilty as not much performance tyres are offered for the stock U13 rims
It's V rated, not that I can reach that speed.  :P
Lesser body on the car around corners compared to my old tyres (old one run at 33PSI while the new one run at 36 PSI which is recommended by shop).
Comfort - Good over very small bumps. With larger bumps, it feels slightly bumpier with higher pressure
Wet traction - Yet to be tested, I'm still waiting for rain.  ;)

Cons  :(
My steering feels heavier even with 36PSI
Feels like there is slightly more drag driving around in slow speed or parking

Anyone interested in the tyre, do shop around because some shops actually quoted me $20 to $25 more expensive per tyre. That's all for now. I'll add more reviews as I go.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: BF Goodrich G-force reviewed
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2006, 06:58PM »
What prices were you quoted?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2006, 07:25PM »
I have G-Forces in 215/40/17, they are a quite long wearing tire compared to my last set of tires, Yokohama A539's (now replaced by C-drives) in 205/50/16's.

Unfortunately i have not been able to test these tires out on the track, and it doesn't look like i will be able to.

Offline wicked

• U13
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:09AM »
I was quoted 130 for each tyre, some quoted me 150 each. Also, I tested the tyres in wet, handles well in the wet, especially braking ability.  I have a closer look at the rear tyres, looks a bit over inflated at 36 PSI, might adjust it to 34 PSI.  ;D Time for more wet tyre test again since it's raining again. Yay.  ;D

I have G-Forces in 215/40/17, they are a quite long wearing tire compared to my last set of tires, Yokohama A539's (now replaced by C-drives) in 205/50/16's.

Unfortunately i have not been able to test these tires out on the track, and it doesn't look like i will be able to.

Speaking of track runs, I've heard some news about MG club having some runs some time in September. You may wanna check it out.  ;D

Offline wicked

• U13
« Reply #4 on: Jul 3, 2010, 09:59PM »
Just to sum up the BF Goodrich.

Lasted 43K, almost 4 years of driving.  ;)
Tyre started getting a bit noisy towards the last 10K (as expected)....
Definitely a good tyre and would recommend it.

Trying out the Firestone Wide Oval (supposed to be manufactured by Bridgestone) now...... Will update tyre performance and mileage....

Thomas