Author Topic: Auto KA24E Pintara issues  (Read 2306 times)

Offline baz2jz

• antrx.com junior member
Auto KA24E Pintara issues
« on: Apr 1, 2012, 06:59PM »
Hi guys,

I thought I would try posting here with issue I am currently having with my recent purchase of a u12 pintara.

Start the car up (perfect) change down to Drive (perfect), take off and put my foot down (feels very sluggish and is like its in limp mode)
I then manually change to first (its fine)

Drive and 2nd gear is pretty ordinary. The stupid part is that sometimes I can pull over, stop the car, turn the key off, turn it back on again, take off in drive and drives great for the
remainder of the trip. Yet if I turn the car off, get back in start it up, it may revert back to shit again.

I have changed a fair few things, to see if it had an affect with how it went, and still the same. This list includes:

Speed sensor, MAF sensor, TPS, and oxygen sensor.
Fluid is fine, and still clear red colour. Has also a set of new spark plug leads, as the previous ones were pretty much had it.

The pintara is pretty much mint, except for this issue.

Hope anyone with a bit of auto experience can assist.  I am now reverting to, it could be shift solenoid related, or some sort of sensor fault somewhere.

I have done a check on the ecu and hasn't spit out any error codes.

Also the position of the ecu diagnostic checker, when driving the car, is it suppose to be in the middle, fully clockwise or fully counterclockwise?

Any help is much appreciated.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Auto KA24E Pintara issues
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1, 2012, 09:21PM »
What's your location. Might be able to help out using a consult cable.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline baz2jz

• antrx.com junior member
Re: Auto KA24E Pintara issues
« Reply #2 on: Apr 2, 2012, 07:43AM »
I am located in Redbank Plains, Qld