Author Topic: What's wrong with this board? - Not sending e-mails  (Read 1300 times)

Offline DRP535

• antrx.com junior member
What's wrong with this board? - Not sending e-mails
« on: Jul 18, 2006, 09:20PM »
I couldn't get registered because the board wouldn't send me the registration e-mail and now that I am finally registered thanks to a manual registration by a mod, the board isn't sending me reply notifications either. I've tried 4 different e-mail addresses including the one provided by my ISP and I've checked the spam folders in all of them and I'm still yet to see anything from this board in the form of an auto-email of any description. Is this problem known about and being worked on?

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: What's wrong with this board? - Not sending e-mails
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2006, 09:55PM »
noss apparently fixed that problem today.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2006, 10:46AM »
what kind of automatic email messages are you waiting on? reply to post noticifactions or pm notifications?

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:11AM »
i've just had a look at your 5 posts, and the times they were posted, times replies were made, and then the time you made this post.. they were all made within an hour last nite.

now, the notifications only work on the first unread reply, so in otherwords, if you are signed in, and you have a look at a reply, you wont get a notification. if you however logegd out, and waited until today to check again, you will have most probably gotten a notification email, that is, if you checked your email.

also, please make sure you're actually subscribed/being notified of posts. the default setting is that its turned off.

another point is that the emails will only be sent to your registered (and verified) email address as listed in your profile, so dont bother checking your other 90 email accounts, its only going to be in the one account registered with this account.

here is a picture of the notification page under the profiles - yours may look different (most probably blue) as i'm testing a new theme for the forums. in fact, yours does look different, i've just had a look and you have all the options ticked.

even though those settings i have turned on are turned on, you wont get notifications unless you select to be notified.

scroll down a little bit further in your profile and you'll see this -

those are the topics you are currently subscribed to/being notified about.. notice how the 2nd one has a little envelope next to it? that indicates that you have been sent a notification about that topic.

so, check your email that is registered on the forums with this user account, and if you dont have an email from antrx notifying you about that particular thread, i'll look into it futher.. there could be an issue with your mail server requesting an SMTP authentication - because i have changed the emailing setup to a PHP based mailing system, there will be no SMTP authentication happening.

on the other hand, if you have got a notification email, my advice to you is to take a lay off the coffee, listen to something other than commercial radio - and relax.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline DRP535

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2006, 01:16PM »
I don't drink coffee and I haven't listened to any radio, commercial or otherwise, for at least 5 years but thanks for the reply. All seems to be working normal now.