Author Topic: ecu has died  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
ecu has died
« on: Apr 16, 2004, 11:27AM »
hello

my ecu has died ........well things are faulty on it ....and will cost 550 to repair or 650 for a new one .........i was going for a new one ......its just replacing the stock one which isn't what i really want to do ...... i was reading the thread about the piggy back systems that noss and sssgtr have ...but i suppose u need a working ecu first....

i know the programable ones are more expensive but if iam spending this much on a replacement .........i thought i might gor for something a little more versitile for more mods or turbo down the track ....

thanks ...car is at the auto electricians at the moment

Offline evenflow_trx

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty
    • Antrx
Re: ecu has died
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:06PM »
I got my SMT6 piggyback ECU for $750, so if you don't mind spending an extra $100, go for it.

Offline jet fighter

• antrx.com junior member
  • it's all about style
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:13PM »
ti's are KA24E's arent they?
i think everybody is all jelous and s**t  cos im like the lead singer of the band dude

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:19PM »
yes

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:31PM »
i got your email mate, basically the antrx chips are just a replacement chip which is only one component of the ecu.. you can buy 2nd hand ka24e ecu's from a wreckers for around the $200-250 mark which are tested as working before they are sold.

if you want versatility then yeh, get a piggyback unit that you can program yourself like the smt6 or the greddy e-manage or similar.

if you just want more power then maybe a 2nd hand ecu with the chip is the way to go. if you like, i can retune the chips for you down the track to handle larger injectors and turbos. but then thats probably not what you want.

what exactly is wrong with the ecu? is the car not firing up or is your ecm light going off its brain like a lot of ka24e ecu's seem to be doing lately?

if its just the ecm light, i wouldnt mind betting its your maf that is playing up, it might play up intermitently, and the error code wont be stored in the ecu.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:51PM »
ok what has happened is the other day .....the car wouldn't start ....ecm light was on like it always is when u go and start the car...

the fuel pump wasn't turning on like it should .....so we thought it might be that .....but we tested it out of the car and it worked ....fine ...
the relay and fuse were fine .....

when we bypassed the relay the pumped worked but becuase no msg was getting to the ecu ...it would continue pump ...(as it would)

we had basically exhausted out knowledge and esp time so we towed it to the auto electrician .....who checked the wiring to the ecu and then the ecu itself ....

he said that there was no physical damage to the ecu ...but said it maybe a chip on it .......
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2004, 12:59PM by Resin89Ti »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:58PM »
i see.. well, i know that if the actual chip dies (the one that the antrx chip replaces) or if it has been programmed incorectly, the chip is the incorrect speed or something else has happened, then this will stop the fuel pump from running.

what i will do for you, if you are interested, is i have a copy of a stock ecu chip at home which i used for testing purposes, it works 100% fine in my car, i'll send it up to you and you can have it fitted into your ecu and see if that makes a difference, if it does, then you're in luck, if it doesnt work, well then its replacement ecu time.

you'll just have to find a 28pin socket because i have run out of sockets at the moment.

either way i'm more than happy to help out if i can.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2004, 01:23PM »
Yea sounds good .....that way i can test it in my car then find out whether it works ......and whether that is te prob.....and the either get a smt6 or a antrx chip

i will pm u