Author Topic: Headed Straight for a crash  (Read 1507 times)

84pingal

Headed Straight for a crash
« on: Nov 19, 2003, 10:50AM »
One of my friends drives a 1986 pinny wagon. There are some people who should drive and some people who shouldn't. My friend is someone who shouldn't. The pinny wagon is actualy his dads, and my friend has only had his license about a year or so, maybe a little less than 12 months, he disobeys street laws, doesn't pay attention to where he's going, misses hitting things by sheer luck.

The car started out in mint condition and over a year i saw it turned to absolute shit, like no paint on the roof and bonnet, no grill, the interior ripped to shit.

Yesterday his car and his license came to an aburpt hault when he wasn't looking where he was going and talking to someone sitting next to him. He slammed straight up the behind of a volvo. The volvo had a tail light out and a dinted rear bar, my friends car was totalled ( he was travelling 80 in a 60 zone) He asked my bf and i to help him to fix it, and we didn't want to break the news to him that it was too far gone, there is a hugh ripple in his roof and his engine was pushed to his feet.

My friend would be a good example of someone who shouldn't be on the road, and we have all seen it coming for a long time.

Offline KatieSmurf

• antrx.com junkie
  • Mmmm insomnia
Re:Headed Straight for a crash
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2003, 09:29AM »
My boyfriend's brother is like that - he just doesn't know (or care) how to look after cars. *sighs*

If your friend couldnt tell the car was too far gone to fix it yourself, maybe he should get taught about cars some more. It seems like he's pretty clueless about them, and I think that everyone needs to learn about basic car maintenance when they start driving. Even if it's just your dad showing you where the oil goes and your boyfriend teaching you how to detail a car.

Or something... :)
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care.

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2003, 02:09PM »
Sounds just like Tim-E....  :-*
One of my mates is just like that. One day we were driving along and had to stop beside a bus.  He was talking to me at the time and not paying attention to the road.  He lost his side mirror and scraped the right hand side of his car to the Shitta.  He said that i was a hacky driver... ::)
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

Offline R31POWER

• antrx.com junior member
  • [HYPER31]
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2003, 09:23PM »
Yer thats bad,if you have a passenger/s in the car you should drive like Spiderman with Spidy sence,even thou you should drive carefully by yourself.
RB20DET Silhouette