Author Topic: car jackings  (Read 1702 times)

Offline 2.4_PINNY_T

• antrx.com junior member
car jackings
« on: Dec 9, 2006, 04:10PM »
I recently watched this what should you do show on TV and it had a segment on being forced into the boot of your car when its being jacked and they mentioned stories and stuff of it happening but mentioned cars past 2001 were required by law to have a pull cord in the boot to open it but I was wondering if anything like that was featured in the pinny... I basically closed myself in the boot [with the back seats down of course] and i was poking and fingering every hole and crevice but I saw above the lock there was a lever coming from it and it simply popped the boot open. So if you guys ever find yourselves in such a situation you can escape. Also, interesting to note the button on the key hub that’s pressed to release the key - another car jacking preventative?
\\\ |- IF YOU ARE GOING TO TOUCH ME >> YOU BETTER HAVE THE MONEY ALREADY OUT!! -|

Australia says No to Pauline Hanson

Offline borgtj

• antrx.com full member
  • Transmission Maniac!
    • Sector 4059
Re: car jackings
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9, 2006, 04:19PM »
I noticed that in my Stanza,it even has a bright yellow end on the lever(like the plastic that plier handles are dipped in)
« Last Edit: Dec 9, 2006, 11:05PM by borgtj »

Offline fiatman

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #2 on: Dec 9, 2006, 04:36PM »
i don't think my fiat has one on the inside but you don't even need the keys to open it from the outside lol. i know my folks VX commodore has a big yellow ring on a cord that if you pull it opens right up.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2006, 02:48PM »
Great :(

Now where is the fun in locking drunken mates in your boot and leaving them in their overnight?

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2006, 03:03PM »
the fun would be cleaning the munt from your carpet and sub box in the morning Taz.

I think if you push that bracket clip down (its spring loaded) it stops the boot from opening without a key.  It also stops the boot from being opened using the lever by the drivers seat.  So if you are worried about your boot security, or just want to lock your ennoying drunk girlfriend in there, just push the bracket down.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2006, 11:37PM »
The lever in the lid still works, even with the lever pushed down. My electric boot release solenoid is mounted in the lid of my boot, attached to said lever.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2006, 01:04AM »
Hmmm maybe my boot mechanism is just screwed then  ???