Author Topic: Intake manifold and turbo set up  (Read 1216 times)

Offline KAstanza92

• antrx.com junior member
  • The few, the proud, the U12
Intake manifold and turbo set up
« on: Feb 2, 2006, 07:19AM »
im currently rebuilding a KA24E straight out of a stanza, and the intake manifold, has an emission control device on it where there are butterfly valves at the bottom of the intake where it meets the head. at idle they are closed i guess. im trying to decide and figure out how to pull the thing out of there and weld of the holes and port over them to make them smooth. and to plug off the vacuum line. if anybody has experience with this i would like some help.

further more i will post pics and stuff.

and also need advice on what to get machined to how much, and balance the crank as a rotating assembly. im also looking for forged rods. if anyone knows please post. thank you.  :)
Keep drifting, and if your wheels dont fall off your didnt try hard enough.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: Intake manifold and turbo set up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 2, 2006, 08:31AM »
JB weld. That's what i did. make sure you clean the holes up well for the JB weld to adhere correctly. Sand smooth with a die grinder.
You will end up with a shit flat spot below 3000rpm, but can be tuned out via remapping the rom in the ecu.

As for your other questions, forged rods are available through different manufacturers, however your question on machining is like asking "how long is a piece of string?". Be more specific.

Offline KAstanza92

• antrx.com junior member
  • The few, the proud, the U12
« Reply #2 on: Feb 3, 2006, 02:50AM »
haha yeah im thinking about getting it bored out .020 over having the crank balanced, head work done, but i dont know exactly what to buy with the main bearings, rod bearings, when they machine it.
Keep drifting, and if your wheels dont fall off your didnt try hard enough.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Feb 3, 2006, 07:56AM »
Crank/rod journals should only be polished, there is typically nothing to machine with them. OEM nissan bearings are the best for rebuilds, as they offer the correct grades of bearing compared to clevite and other manufacturers.