Author Topic: Steering Problems  (Read 2293 times)

Offline iTRX

• antrx.com junior member
  • SSDD
Steering Problems
« on: Dec 9, 2003, 07:57AM »
When You turn the steering wheel (eg, going around a corner and such), its seems to want to moved itself back to the center position, almost rocking itself from when I move the wheel down to the left ( for turning left) to the center and back to left again.

It does this a couple of times, when I go either left or right. Is this natural? I hope not. My borther said that they tried to get it fixed but it didnt work.

ALSO am getting the car checked out either tomorrow (wed) or fri, at RACQ vehicle inspection. Costing $152 for both bodywork and mechnicial ( or $132 just for mechnical)....I go for the $152 one, so that I know everything that may be wrong with my car and can get it fixed in order of  priority. 1st time I have done this, but I trust them more than the local mechanics...hehee   ;)  

Oh...oh....BTW...just ordered my Factory WSM for the Pintara yesterday arvo...should have it here by Wed/Thu at the latest...Cant harldy wait.... :) :D ;D
~Don't tell me YOU can't do this department~

"Do what you can, with what you have, where
you are."

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re:Steering Problems
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9, 2003, 11:29PM »
is the movement fairly smooth, and can you hear the power steering pump working?? my parents camry does this. i have been told its completely normal, but my trx doesnt do it so dont know why urs is doing it.

where are you getting the FWS manual from, im assuming ur talking about the big thick nissan one not the gregorys one, how much is it costing you?  my local nissan dealer wont sell it to me , they say i have to be in the trade to get it :-\

Offline iTRX

• SSDD
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2003, 10:04AM »
I thinkn that the power steering pump is working....cant hear anything thou....but yeah it is smooth to turn the wheel, then it just wants to roll back a bit by itself, I pull it back down, and it start to move back again by itself.  :o

Im getting the FWM from Western Australia click on the folling link for NISSAN stuff

http://www.pitstop.net.au/pitstop/workshop-manuals/nissan.html

Choose from any of the different models...I took Pintara...hehehe.....Cost $79 + $7.95 for overnight express...called them Monday afternoon 4:15pm their time...Hopefully get it here today or tomorrow at the latest

And no. it not the Gregorys.

you are."

Offline [JAZZIE]

• post whore
  • [JAZZIE]
    • [JAZZIE]'s World
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2003, 01:59PM »
itrx... my car does that steering thing when... my wheels were out of alignment and also when one or most of my tyres go down.. (well they used to have a slow leak.. now they dont?!? *shrugs*)
- Law of Attraction -
If you think positive, your life experiences will be positive.
If you think negative, your life experience will be negative.
You bring into your life what ever experiences you desire.

Offline iTRX

• SSDD
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2003, 10:46PM »
WOO HOO...my WSM cam today about between 12:30pm and 3pm ALL NISSAN proper stuff...I am soooo stoked......good ol overnight express.....yeah!   ;D

you are."

Offline iTRX

• SSDD
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2003, 10:49PM »

Thanks about the steering..will hav a look into that......now to get my hands dirty..and READ, READ READ...lol :D

you are."