Author Topic: Oil disposal  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
Oil disposal
« on: Oct 26, 2003, 11:33PM »
Time for a really boring topic.  How do you all dispose of your oil when you change it?  I think my council accepts it at the tip as a free load because it's recyclable, and they're promoting recycling by accepting it free of charge.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
Re:Oil disposal
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2003, 12:37AM »
some servo's can take it off your hands for you i think, i ussually burry mine, cant be to good for the garden but hey  :-\

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
  • Pinny Panthers
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2003, 12:46AM »
Me and my dad keep most of ours, used oil is handy for stoping rust under the car (simply brush used oil over area) it's also good for sealing things like wood or at least helps keep a ton of bugz out :) Lots of uses for the stuff but even if you got nothing to do with it, pouring the stuff in a hole in the back yard truly ant the harmfull if it's only a few leters :) but if you do have a depo near you then you can just drop it off there

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2003, 12:46AM »
you could argue you're trying to encourage renewable resources - putting it back where it came from ;D
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2003, 07:37PM »
me & myself bring home empty 20L metho containers from work. fill with old mtr oil & cooking oil. drop it at depot at local dump when full, 4 free.
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Offline trxmad

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2003, 11:52PM »
me & myself bring home ...

me and myself?

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2003, 11:03AM »
hahaha I like that nissman.

well when me myself and I change our oil we tend to put it old oil containers and leave it sitting on the shelf because we don't know where to go to recycle it around my area!!
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds