Author Topic: QLD new hoon legislation PASSED.  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
QLD new hoon legislation PASSED.
« on: Apr 17, 2013, 09:44AM »
Heard on the radio this morning, that the new legislation passed parliament. Short stuff I understood is that a second SERIOUS hooning offense is the same penalty as an open driver drink driving 3x over the legal limit.

“see offenders have their cars impounded for three months for their first serious hooning offence”, while a second offence within five years “would see the offenders car forfeited to be sold or crushed”.

I'm sure a serious hooning offense is such as 30+ over the limit, skids, drifting etc

^ also those cars sold or crushed, the owners get no compensation for the vehicle UNLESS the penalty was found false after the car has already been crushed or sold, than the owner will GET compensation.

Illegal modifications or defects to the car will also get your car impounded.

But there is a loop hole for those that don't trust themselves, if the car isn't registered in your name, the car cannot be touched by police. However they seem to promise that if you're not driving like a twat and obiding the road rules you will not get pulled over, what a load of shit.

Ill see if I can find the full article an post the link.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: QLD new hoon legislation PASSED.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2013, 11:07AM »

As I understand this, the police have the power to impound your vehicle IF you are caught driving it with a defect notice; that is unless you are on the way to have the defect notice rectified and/or cleared.
The defect notice is effectively the first and final warning.

So:
1) Issued with a defect notice, can only drive it to a place of business to have the defect rectified and to the RTA to have the vehicle inspected and the defect notice cleared.

2) Caught driving around (ie to work, shopping centre etc etc) with an active defect notice; police can at their discretion impound your vehicle under this new legislation.

There is a lot of work going on in the background to ensure that actual car "enthusiasts" do not get caught up in this net.

I'm glad I deregistered my black U12...bring on club rego for 2015.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Re: QLD new hoon legislation PASSED.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2013, 11:17AM »
Heard on the radio this morning, that the new legislation passed parliament. Short stuff I understood is that a second SERIOUS hooning offense is the same penalty as an open driver drink driving 3x over the legal limit.

“see offenders have their cars impounded for three months for their first serious hooning offence”, while a second offence within five years “would see the offenders car forfeited to be sold or crushed”.

I'm sure a serious hooning offense is such as 30+ over the limit, skids, drifting etc

^ also those cars sold or crushed, the owners get no compensation for the vehicle UNLESS the penalty was found false after the car has already been crushed or sold, than the owner will GET compensation.

But there is a loop hole for those that don't trust themselves, if the car isn't registered in your name, the car cannot be touched by police. However they seem to promise that if you're not driving like a twat and obiding the road rules you will not get pulled over, what a load of shit.

Ill see if I can find the full article an post the link.

This is the case already in NSW I believe. However what it will mean is that if you plan on modifying your car you will need to get it engineered as much as possible and for those mods you can't engineer, just don't do them.