Author Topic: Power Windows - Wiring and Nissan Schematics  (Read 2811 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Power Windows - Wiring and Nissan Schematics
« on: Apr 15, 2013, 08:40PM »
Hi guys

For those that have downloaded or have a copy of the Nissan U12 / Ford Corsair workshop manual, you might be able to help me. I am currently wiring my power windows and just had a question around the schematic. I have looked at the beginning of the manual for some advice but it doesn't explain my question.

So if you have a look at P741 you will see the schematic for power windows. Now if we focus to the 'Main Switch (Driver)' you will see that for the Left Hand side continuity is at points 4&7 and also points 5&6. If I am going to wire the left hand passenger front window, which points should I use. Either 4&7 or 5&6??? They both have continuity.Everything else is fine and I'm testing the switches with my multi-meter just to confirm the continuity etc.

Offline Nomad

• antrx.com junior member
Re: Power Windows - Wiring and Nissan Schematics
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2013, 11:55AM »
You have to consider the whole circuit. If I read it correctly, 4&7 are the earth/ground continuity and 5&6 are the +12V/power continuity,
and the circuit is closed by the LH window switch in its neutral position where 1&2 and 3&5 are linked.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2013, 12:00PM by Nomad »

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2013, 12:05PM »
You have to consider the whole circuit. If I read it correctly, 4&7 are the earth/ground continuity and 5&6 are the +12V/power continuity,
and the circuit is closed by the LH window switch in its neutral position where 1&2 and 3&5 are linked.

I figured something but didn't think that 4&7 would just be for ground. When I was testing continutiy on one of the switches without pressing the multimeter was detecting a circuit so figured something but thanks for the confirmation. I have traced the wires on the diagram to the respective doors etc and will join those wires from the main switch to the switch / motors of the respective doors.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2013, 11:19PM »
Regarding as well power window buttons, do you guys know where I can get some replacements. I have the switch, but on some switches the buttons were missing off the wreck that I took the windows from.

Are the Corsair / TI power window buttons shared across other Nissan models also. Not the switches, just the buttons.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 6, 2015, 08:51PM »
Yeah, I was thinking the same as you.

They are really hard to come by (almost impossible). Nissan don't sell them anymore but when I called a few years ago, you could use buttons from a different Nissan model but the service rep didn't tell me which one. He was hopeless anyway.

I was lucky enough to get to my 'Pull It Yourself wreckers' and got as many of the buttons as possible. They usually go quick at the wreckers because I believe the R31 Pintara, N13 Pulsar and U12 all use the same buttons! It also gives you options given that many break and fall off, so you can use from different models of the same era (late 80s - early 90s)!!! Nissan were great like that, sharing parts between cars.