Author Topic: 1992 U13 SSS Attesa, manual, modded  (Read 2204 times)

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
1992 U13 SSS Attesa, manual, modded
« on: Mar 20, 2013, 01:46PM »
I'm getting rid of my bluebird, really not sure what sort of interest is out there and undecided on trying to get a RWC or not. I have a new car on the way.

- White '92 U13 SSS (~140,000km on the clock IIRC)
- SR20DET
- Manual with PPG straight cut gears (1st-4th), strengthened selector, standard 5th gear, syncro (just like driving a standard manual, but stronger and louder). It's simply a PPG GTiR gearset, cost about $6.5k at the time and I believe they charge a lot more than that now.
- Exedy HD organic clutch
- 3" exhaust (not the best built exhaust, but it's fine)
- Nicely mounted FMIC
- Koni rebound-adjustable shock inserts
- Whiteline springs
- Whiteline rear swaybar
- Electronic boost controller
- Boost gauge
- Alarm
- Moderate stereo including custom built box to fit neatly in the side of the boot

The car drives well, currently replacing the alternator but otherwise the faults that I know of:
- A small amount of surface rust on the drivers-side rear door, it's probably just a minor repair
- Passenger power window is dodgy, I can fix this though if it makes/breaks a sale as I know what's wrong
- Sunroof doesn't open/close without a helping hand, perhaps because I never use it. Doesn't leak though, never has.
- The ABS light has been coming on intermittently
- The window wiper squirters are disconnected and the resevoir is a bit broken.

I'm currently considering any offers. I have a Toyota 86 on order, plus I have kids so finding time to fix the above issues is difficult, so an as-is sale (I'll still fix the alternator so it's drivable) would work best for me.

Any questions, please ask. Don't be afraid of insulting me with your offers. I can negotiate on what is/isn't left in the car (i.e. I wouldn't mind keeping the sub/amp, but have no interest in the custom-made box obviously).

Offline squizz taylor

• antrx.com junior member
Re: 1992 U13 SSS Attesa, manual, modded
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2013, 06:03PM »
Where is the car located

Offline phreeky

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2013, 07:28PM »
Where is the car located

Sorry, forgot that bit.

Townsville

Offline phreeky

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2013, 12:56AM »
Basically what the car looks like: http://www.clubpoint.net/bluebird/IMG_1084_r.JPG
The front mount: http://www.clubpoint.net/bluebird/intercooler/Img_9526.jpg
The adjustable FPR I forgot about: http://www.clubpoint.net/bluebird/Img_9543.jpg

Seriously considering anything over $5k at the moment

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2013, 02:21PM »
You've had this car for a LONG time mate!

Will be sad to let it go?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline phreeky

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2013, 02:49PM »
Yep, extremely sad. I'm the 2nd owner in Australia and when I bought it the only mods were the manual conversion (it was originally an auto), 18" rims (which I got rid of) and a ghetto FMIC which I replaced. I finished replacing the alternator today and drove it out to watch the local sprints, I'm certainly going to miss it.

Life has changed a lot for me now though. A 2yo and 6mth old makes finding time to work on a car very difficult, hence purchasing a new car with warranty (the fact I convinced the other half I should get an 86 is a miracle though!).

I've had a few people asking me if I am going to part the car out, unfortunately I just don't have the time or space. A few GTiR owners would like the gearbox, and the suspension parts would be quite desirable to U13 owners. Not to mention a perfectly good SR20DET, transfer case, diff, etc. It's a lot of car for the money, and frankly is not in bad shape and would not be hard to fix right up for someone with a little bit of time.