Author Topic: Sticking Windows  (Read 2066 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Sticking Windows
« on: May 1, 2012, 03:41PM »
Hi guys

I know I've been posting a lot of threads and appreciate the help but I need your advice on manual window winders. My car windows work and wind up and down okay but they are sticky to move. The windows don't rub against anything either.

I have been told it is possibly to do with the window rubbers but don't know for certain. What causes hard window winding when the regulator works fine? It's annoying to say the least. I need to get this fixed. Should I order new rubber window moulds for each door?

Any advice would be of help  ;D

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: Sticking Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2012, 07:51PM »
Hi guys

I know I've been posting a lot of threads and appreciate the help but I need your advice on manual window winders. My car windows work and wind up and down okay but they are sticky to move. The windows don't rub against anything either.

I have been told it is possibly to do with the window rubbers but don't know for certain. What causes hard window winding when the regulator works fine? It's annoying to say the least. I need to get this fixed. Should I order new rubber window moulds for each door?

Any advice would be of help  ;D

It can get stuck for many reasons.

Pull of trim and see if it is grabbing anything.

For example, Power Windows tend to move out of place from the regulator resulting in one side lifting up or being lopside. In turn it means the motor has to work harder and it can get annoying.

Similar in Manual Windows, it could be a case that one side is lifting up/down. The plastic that holds the window gets out of place over time.

Regarding the seals, it is good practice to spray some silicone spray in the seals and inside the trim for better movement.

;)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2012, 09:25PM »
what he said +1 ;)
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2012, 09:29PM »
Regarding the seals, it is good practice to spray some silicone spray in the seals and inside the trim for better movement.

;)

Exactly what i was going to suggest.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:44PM »
Hi guys

After changing to window rubbers for the RHD and RHP windows I can say that the rubbers are the most likely culprit to making your windows sticky. Particularly where the window regulator still works well.

Something to think of if you have this problem like I did.

Troy