Author Topic: Fuel Rail HELP!!! In Da SH*t (maybe)  (Read 1932 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Fuel Rail HELP!!! In Da SH*t (maybe)
« on: Apr 24, 2012, 11:02AM »
Hi guys

Need your help. As you know I'm doing work on my SR20 and I need a new fuel rail. I've been told that I need to get the Nissan Avenir W10 fuel rail but they are so scarce I'm going to have trouble finding it.

Have any of you guys been able to interchange your fuel rails from different SR20 models? If you can't I might have to get one custom made which would not be what I want but I may not have any choice.

This is the thread I started on nissansilvia.com.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s=445ac9aeec5254df38647a647b4234bd&showtopic=518988

What I have noted is that the SR20 S13 fuel rails have the same brackets as my W10 Avenir. Just the inlet and outlet port of the fuel rail is in a different position.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: Fuel Rail HELP!!! In Da SH*t (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2012, 02:37PM »
I'm not sure on obstructions, but surely if the inlet/outlet points are in different positions it wouldn't be a big deal?  Just adjust your hoses to suit.
So long as your injector spacing the feed direction are the same you should be fine.
possibly look at some of the pulsar ones since they are mounted east west also?

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2012, 03:14PM »
GTI-R is one I've done some research but apparently its a top feed. S13 and S14 are side feed. S14 seems to be similar, just that the fuel rail leading to the outlet runs parallel to the outlet then bends off. The S15 fuel rail has different mounting brackets unfortunately.

I joined the PGA (pulsar group of australia) forum, just need to be approved and I'll start searching around.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2012, 06:27PM »
Have done some enquiries regarding the fuel rail.

Firstly, nobody in Australia stocks the Nissan Avenir fuel rail. From this advice I had to email a Japanese parts place who were very knowledgeable and gave me some good information. If you need parts from Japan I could recommend these guys.

http://www2.plala.or.jp/office-y/nissan.htm

Apparently the fuel rail for the Avenir SR20DET is also used in B14, M11/12, N15, N30, P10, R11, U13. I'm not sure if it differs between sr20de and sr20det for the U13. I'll find out at the wreckers on Sunday!

Another thing I found is that the front disc rotors of a W10 Avenir is also the same for a R33 Skyline RB25DET.

Hopefully will get the fuel rail sorted out soon!