Author Topic: interior Painting  (Read 2790 times)

Offline TRX12U

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
interior Painting
« on: Dec 8, 2011, 01:31PM »
HEY GUYS
HOWS IT GOIN
I'M GONNA TRY TO PAINT SOME OF MY INTERIOR BUT I ALREADY TRIED WITH PLASTIC PRIMER AND PRIMER AND THE PAINT AND IT ALL SEPERATES WTF IM REALLY GETTING ADJETATED HAHA AND IREAD IF I SAND IT SO ITS SMOOTH PRIME IT THEN SAND THEN PRIME IT THEN PAINT IT ,IT SHOULD WORK HAS ANY ONE ELSE DONE THIS
THANKS

Offline mattyj

• antrx.com full member
  • 1991 pintara T
Re: interior Painting
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8, 2011, 03:02PM »
Do you mean it bubbles kinda? If so CLEAN it better with prepsol(wax and grease remover) like clean the s**t out of it haha

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 8, 2011, 03:53PM »
Use the search bar man! oh and stop yelling.inside voice
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:03AM »
See the "A" button? There's one next to this, to the left of it? Says "Caps Lock"? Yeah.

Yes, you're supposed to sand the car right back, and then prime it. Otherwise the paint wont hold, since the paint you've already got is designed not to...

....you're trolling aren't you? >.<

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2011, 03:06PM »
YOU COULD ALSO BE MIXING ENAMEL AND ACRYLIC BASED PAINTS. CHECK THAT SHIT OUT YO. BUT YES, CLEAN YOUR DEAD SKIN OFF THE INTERIOR FIRST. DNA IS A BITCH TO PAINT.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2011, 04:01PM »
I have spayed a lot of my interior parts.  I bought a heap from the wreckers and re sprayed them properly.  I had a lot of problems getting it the way i wanted it.

I went to the paint place and asked a lot of questions.  But the most important bit is what they did not tell me.

Wax and degreaser and tonnes of it.

These cars are old and there as probably been liters of amour all sprayed on these parts.  This will give you dimples that the paint will not stick to, if you have not cleaned it properly.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."