Author Topic: bmw's idea of an april fools joke  (Read 1465 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
bmw's idea of an april fools joke
« on: Apr 3, 2011, 11:53AM »

It’s the First of April and the fun has officially begun here in Munich. BMW has officially taken the wraps off the M3 pickup after our spy shooters caught it running the ’Ring late last month. And as we exclusively revealed, it’s the Bavarians’ idea of an April Fools prank.

However, that doesn’t mean that the uteified M3 isn’t a full-fledged performer. It’s packing the same 420-horsepower 4.0-liter V8 as its sedan, coupe and convertible brethren, but despite lopping off the back, BMW discovered during wind-tunnel testing that its coefficient of drag is close to that of the M3 coupe. It comes complete with a with a removable targa top, weighs some 110 pounds less than its drop-top sibling and topped out at the Nürburgring at 186 mph. Pop the removal roof and the M3 pickup sheds another 44 pounds, and in keeping with every automaker’s standard measurement of trunk capacity – the golf bag – the pickup can tote 20 bags of irons. Oh, and there’s a trailer hitch to boot.

Naturally, serial production isn’t going to happen, but the M3 pickup will serve as the workshop transport vehicle for BMW’s M division

a fully functioning m3 ute. lot of effort for april fools!

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: bmw's idea of an april fools joke
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3, 2011, 01:29PM »
optional extras are, big spotties, truck flaps, gun rack or exhaust stacks!!! no bull bar only a nudge bar....
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 3, 2011, 02:44PM »
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 3, 2011, 04:11PM »
I heard on the radio the other morning that the Australian Bureau of Motorways were doing a recall on wanky personalised plates that don't suit the car they're on. They're calling on the public to dob in people with these unsuitable plates at the Australian Bureau of Motorways website
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline aussiepintara

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 3, 2011, 07:27PM »
 ;D nice. were can i get one? lol