Author Topic: getting a new car.. anyone interested in a parts car?  (Read 2800 times)

Offline h4inf

• antrx.com junior member
I am replacing the Pintara before the end of the month, so I thought if anyone else here has an R31 and is interested in a parts car or extra car, I would offer to you guys first.. I am in Melbourne by the way.

I am still daily driving this car right now, until I find my next car.. still drives fine and I'm happy to drive it, but my main reason to find another car is ECONOMY! Will spend half the $ a week on fuel than with this :)

There are a few things that are not great about the car.

Bad Points:
- front right ball joint is weird- makes a sound, but still seems to drive and steer fairly well..
- engine probably needs a new rear main seal, possibly more.. my sister did bake the engine back in 2006, and i rebuilt the top half, replaced all hoses, gaskets etc. but there is a bit of an oil drip, and a hot oil smell when you stop the car... doesn't appear to be burning oil, cannot smell it from the exhaust, so guessing it is dripping out that seal that would have been baked in 2006.. other option is to just top the oil up once every 3-4 weeks.
- it's not great on fuel.. i average 13.5 litres/100km (although most of my driving is 5-15 min trips).
- key switch doesn't start the car any more, i have installed a switch that activates the starter via a relay though

Now for the good points, or the things that may be worth something- basically a list of servicing/replacement parts in the recent past:
29/05/2007
- Timing Belt + Tensioner replaced
- Engine bay fuel hose replaced
17/7/2007
- New injectors (EX135N)
26/1/2008
- Brake rotors and pads
- Inner and outer front wheel bearings
8/2/2008
- New water pump
8/7/2008
- Fully reconditioned alternator
24/7/2008
Suspension components fitted by Pedders:
- Urethane control arm bushings
- Urethane radius rod bushings
- Right Rack End
- Bump stops on all wheels
- Comfort gas shocks (rear) (everything else measured up fine)
- Replaced and repaired heater core once and for all. It will not leak!

It's also got an alarm, immobiliser (fuel pump and ignition), with 2 remotes, which are tied into central locking on front doors only.

Tyres were also purchased in 2008, although I cant find that invoice. Heaps of tread. These are on the stock steel rims.

I probably have some spare dizzy's too.. made the current one up from about 3 to make it work :)

Hmm so anyone interested in buying the lot or I'm open to recommendations about what I should do with it...

Sorry if this should not be posted here, just thought I would offer the bits up for people in this section as its related.. not really sure if I will sell as a whole or parts yet.

Cheers,

Paul.

Offline h4inf

Re: getting a new car.. anyone interested in a parts car?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2009, 11:11PM »
well i might just trade it in when i get my new car :)

Offline h4inf

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2009, 11:37PM »
ok, if anyone wants the whole car, its yours (unregistered) for $250...

otherwise i'm driving it to the wreckers next week for the same price.

if anyone wants a spare wheel with a good tyre let me know, probably suits skyline as well... $50? :)

Offline h4inf

« Reply #3 on: Jul 4, 2009, 12:14AM »
My Pintara is now at Centre Road wreckers (centre road, springvale VICTORIA)

It's got good injectors, dizzy is perfect, alternator was just completely refurbished a few months ago (see previous post on the good stuff), so if anyone is looking for parts... it should be in their yard soon. There's also a bunch of spare dizzy's i put in the boot lol..

RIP Pintara.. it served me well!! :-)