Author Topic: will this get me into low 15s??? (trx)  (Read 1724 times)

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
will this get me into low 15s??? (trx)
« on: Apr 12, 2009, 11:28PM »
right, what im thinking is this

good extractors, with hiflow cat and muffler, plus either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 mandrel bent piping,

cai, or just good panel filter

antrx chip (stg 3?)

cam, lumpier the better. its a daily, but i only drive about 5kms to work.

will this get me in the 15s? ( i have no idea what trx's do standard, but im guessing high 16's/low 17's)

i just wanna whip some of the guys at willowbank in the falcon club im a member off...

any other options? i was contemplating a 50hp nitrous kit... but thought my 200000km ka24e might not appreciate it lol

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
Re: will this get me into low 15s??? (trx)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2009, 11:50PM »
you might make it into the 15s if your driving is up to scratch.

chuck some stiffer springs in the back to keep the rear end on the ground, keep the fronts reasonably soft.

And removing the back seat, the spare wheel and any other shit in the car will help.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2009, 11:52PM by sxtacy »
nothing.

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2009, 12:09AM »
ok, other than a compression hike and a port job on the head, what else could i do?

dont really wanna do a engine swap or anything like that, this isnt my project car, but thats still a looooong way of being close to finished

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:08AM »
in the motorsport bar area there is a thread with the 1/4 ile times of some members

#10 15.956 @ 86.41mp. - nissman - pintara T. rebuilt mtr. bottomend balanced, head port/polish/shave, 2.25" exhaust, antrx.com stage 3 chip

#11 16.00sec @ ??mph - daymo - pintara t. antrx R4 cam, antrx stage 2 chip, exhuast.

2 pintaras there. High flow exhaust and a cam. 
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2009, 01:21PM »
in the motorsport bar area there is a thread with the 1/4 ile times of some members

2 pintaras there. High flow exhaust and a cam. 

hmm, if i was the owner of the first pintara there i would be a bit dissapointed in those times, its had a fair bit more work done to it for an essentially identical time....

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2009, 02:08PM »
Yeah but there are other variables such as driving style, launch technique, suspension, getting the power to the ground etc. Also I'm not entirely sure but I think both those cars had mild cams, if you went for something lumpy (295 or 300+ which would need Solid Lifters) and get maybe a 2.5 or even 3 inch along with mods to head, balance, porting etc your top end would pull the car very very hard.

ChriS had some work on his old KA with R4 Cam (which is mild) and feedback was that it would have pulled harder beyond 6500rpm.

Another option is to do all those mods along with stroking it out to 2.6. That with light pistons would be a solid car.. my guess with a 2.5 or 3 inch would sound like a Rex lol.
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.