Author Topic: intake manifold  (Read 2172 times)

Offline chunkiestmike1

• antrx.com junior member
intake manifold
« on: Nov 28, 2008, 09:51AM »
herrow, i got a question, will a 240sx intake manifold fit my 91 trx?? i want my car to breath a lil better, but a custom made one is out of the question and the only manifold i can find for the ka24 motors is one meant for a 240sx. can any one help me??

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: intake manifold
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2008, 10:06AM »
No it won't.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2008, 11:13AM »
FWD vs. RWD is the reason they won't fit I assume.

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2008, 11:54AM »
yeah thats wat i thought. cuz the engine on a TRX runs parrallel with the front axle, where as the 240sx engine is perpendicular to the axle. dam, well do u guys know of any off the shelf intake manifolds i could get??

Offline evlknvl

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2008, 09:57PM »
   Other option maybe is to obtain a second hand ka24e manifold, cut the runners off approx 4 inches from the head and get a custom plenum (fabricated or purchased) which feeds onto your runners and then through to the factory or upgraded throttle body. Seen a few done on the net here and there, alot of throttle increase and minimal amount of hp while still maintaining the standard maf/map sensor and throttle body. Prob cost abit from a custom weld shop but if you have a mate that can ally weld your laughing. Oh......and the fuel needs to be upped to prevent fuel leaning under higher intake velocity in the custom manifold and timing most likely adjusted accordingly if your really serious about gaining every minimal amount possible from the mod. Noss's stage 3 chips would also be a very good option for this setup too if running a standard ecu. And IMO, an option where you stand out from the crowd going with a custom intake system.
   Also, number 4 runner on the standard intake manifold is prone to leaning right off from the other three anyway due to it's dramatically different shape to the others which is not good for any motor.

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2008, 10:17PM »
yeah, i was thinking about doing something like that, but then again, if i was going to THAT much effort, i might as well just get individual throttle bodies put on my car, id probly get more power out of that then what your saying. but thnx any way, ill mull it over in the old noggen, although truth be told i dont have that much money to get sum1 to weld me one up and im afraid i dont have any mates that weld. But u said sumin about buying an after market air plenum?? where would i go about getting one for my car?? ive been looking evrywhere and yet again the only plenums for the KA24 are the ons designed for the 240sx.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2008, 03:47PM »
maybe you could ask the guys that sell the plenumn for the 240sx to reverse it for the fwd application? not sure if they would, but it doesnt hurt to ask. considering they're american they'll probably either go 'oh fwd' and laugh or 'oh a stanza' and laugh harder lol.

but meh, doesnt hurt to ask them. i've thought about asking them, but then no poiint, i dont have the cash so i'd be wasting their time.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline chunkiestmike1

« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2008, 10:27PM »
haha bloody yanks and their re badging