Author Topic: Bigger injectors ?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline r31pintara89

• antrx.com junior member
Bigger injectors ?
« on: Sep 24, 2008, 09:55AM »
ok.. im getting a new head for the pinny, lumpy cam , ported head e.t.c . i thought while the heads off why not chuck in some bigger injectors ??
now the negatives of bigger injectors ?
thepositives ?
and what injectors will fit and run well give it some more balls ??  and maybe even injectors that have nothing to be changed so i can chuck em in myself ? just maybe ?
anywayy.. thanks..

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: Bigger injectors ?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2008, 11:12AM »
There is no point putting in bigger injectors unless you get the car tuned to utilise the injectors. I'd probably suggest getting the car tuned and checking the duty cycle of the injectors (i.e. see if they are getting close to maxed out). If they aren't getting close to be maxed out I wouldn't waste your money.

With that kind of work I wouldn't think you'd need bigger injectors. I'm guessing its a CA20E?

Offline r31pintara89

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2008, 11:26AM »
thanks.. yeah its a ca20e.. i thought bigger injectors meant making it flow quicker and harder ? ? ?
anyway thankss...!!~

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2008, 11:32AM »
thanks.. yeah its a ca20e.. i thought bigger injectors meant making it flow quicker and harder ? ? ?
anyway thankss...!!~

Bigger injectors will flow a greater amount of fuel but yeh, if you don't get it tuned there isn't really much point. Maybe try all the new gear without the big injectors, get it tuned and see what the tuner says.

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2008, 03:24PM »
Like cruizer said, upgrading your injectors is a supporting mod, your standard injectors are cappable of supplying enough fuel for some mild upgrades, upgrading your injectors will just cost you money, with no power increase at all.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"