Author Topic: our future car plans  (Read 8653 times)

89tipintara

our future car plans
« on: Aug 21, 2003, 05:10PM »
I wanted to start a discussion with mainly the owners of pintara'a and corsairs, however previous owners of these cars with help alot. i have noticed in the for sale section a few members selling their pintara's "upgrading" so to speak which i dont have a problem with, let me finish. then also alot of members here have there pintara/corsair as there first or second car, but talk about upgrading when money becomes more readily available. what i want to start a discussion about is what are our actual plans for our pintara's. i know so much time is spent on this forum by us trying to improve our cars, but know one has ever stated, execpt sssgtr with his turbo plans, what we want to do with our cars. i have a weak spot for the ka24 and really want to produce a pintrara that has show and go without an engine conversion. i want to eventually put it into a car show like auto salon. who else thinks they will keep their pintara and put money into it rather than sell and "upgrade". also those who have sold their pinny, tell us the main reasons why. would be beneficial for us in some way. i can just see alot of people with the same passion for this car and i hope some of us many will actually go all the way with our cars. so what's y'all plans. even the owners of other cars could answer as well.

Offline bungs

• post whore
Re:our future car plans
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2003, 05:44PM »
Sell it at the end of the year, but don't worry, I plan to buy a TRX ;D

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2003, 05:52PM »
the plans for my pintara are for it to look good and go well.. i'm pretty happy with its "go" ability at the moment, however a turbo isnt out of the question.. we'll see how i go down the track. there is paint & wheels coming shortly and suspension too.. there are a few other things that i'm looking into, but we'll wait and see how my finances go.. i cant spend money on the car forever, contrary to what some people might think.

if anyone wants my car after i've finished it, if the price was right, i'd probably sell it only because i want to work on other projects, and it takes a lot longer to save funds to buy a 5.7 litre v8 chevy silverado/xtra cab than what it does to mod a pintara.

i guess i will however, most likely keep the pintara.. but i got no problems with that ;D

oh, and as far as spending money on the car, since i got my payrise i have spent approximately $4k on it.. and after wheels & paint, i'm guessing i will have spent a total of $10k.. and as you can see, spending that much money on a 12 year old car is good reason to call mods quits for a little while.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2003, 08:28PM »
yeh i keep telling myself that this has got to stop sometime, but i dont think that time is anytime soon... i still live with my parents so apart from the odd fine, licensing, booze etc i put just about everything i earn into my car.  In the relatively near future i plan to have another crack at these white gauges and get my cam reground. further down the track stereo, rims, trx kit, lowered (in that order). and mayyybe ca18 conversion depending on wether or not i go to europe next year.

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
  • Pinny Panthers
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2003, 09:24PM »
Too much talk & not enough "action" for me but im getting a panel filter this week, im also looking at a gear box cover n nob + some of thoes fancy head ligh bulbs, but since i don't know how they will look im holding off. Ill be frank when i say im far more intrested in getting my car on the road then moding at the moment.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2003, 10:33PM »
Finish wiring the SMT6
Tune it
Adjustable coil overs all round
Do the brakes
New motor  ;D
Respray the car
Put a cage in
Graduate uni
fulltime work
buy a daily driver
take the T off the road for a while and race prep it......

Offline deanx0r

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2003, 11:11PM »
New motor  ;D
KA24E, or whacking an SR20DET in there?   :cwm35:

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2003, 11:48PM »
just spent $5830 in the engine bay & $177 on bushes, i aint sellin this baby thats for fuckin sure. just going to make it go & handle so i can kick arse & surprise a lot of blokes who think they should be kickin mine. Done so far:- lowered king springs,urethane bushes, rebuilt & modded mtr., pod filter, 2.25" zorst, genie extractors, heavyduty clutch,14" mags, aluminium lip on front bar, tinted glass, bonnet pins, bendix brake pads, sports peddles................ To come:- race seats, harnesses, brake upgrade(someone on here has got me thinking) ::), bigger mags & tyres for track work, monroe gas struts(very soon), rear wing of some sort :-\(need more rear downforce), paint job in the future(limeish green with black) ;D 8)
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Offline fmx_rider

• west oz local moderator
  • TRX? Nope.........WRX!
    • Fmx_Rider's Motocross Site
« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2003, 01:12AM »
Within approx next month:
3" stainless mandrel bent turbo back exhaust with hi flow cat & muffler
Adjustable 22mm rear swaybar and maybe links
Turbo timer
Alpine cd deck and MB quart 6 1/2 splits
CAI

Sometime over the rainbow:
Unichip & tuning
Rest of stereo
Heavy duty clutch

Oh sorry...this was a pintara thread!

I did have a passion for my pintara but have been led astray-you want reasons?

I  bought a REX because a) I love the look of a rex b) I love the performance of a rex c) IMHO pintara's are great cars, but will never be in the class of for example a WRX (even if a pintara was modded to be faster car on a 1/4 mile/wins awards for bodykit design at car shows. A rex is a cult car, an icon on the street. d) I was lucky enough to be able to afford it. e) Insurance is cheap in perth so I was able to insure one as a 23 y/o! (major hurdle in NSW and VIC).

Hope that gives u some insight PintaTi.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2003, 01:15AM by fmx_rider »
MY98 WRX...work in progress: 3 inch SS turbo back exhaust, high-flow cat, K&N air filter, SPS silicone Y pipe kit, TMIC tilt mod & waterspray @ 8psi, scoop splitter, meshed MY99/00 frontbar + full colorcoding, clear indicators front/side, blue badge; Formula Ferodo TS2000 brake pads, Whiteline 22mm adustable rear swaybar with HD gold links, front strut brace; stereo consisting of Alpine, MB Quart, Eclipse & Rockford Fosgate components + IPOD dock...Next month LINK ECU & more boost (previous ride modded 1989 Pintara T)

Offline Syncope

• antrx.com junkie
  • OoOooOO
« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2003, 01:43AM »
Im about to purchase a '95 Civic. I plan to own that for 6-12 months and use it to save up for a 200SX (S15).

I cant wait for that day.  ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

89tipintara

« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2003, 02:53AM »
nissman that is serious money u have spent. what sort of mods were performed or have u posted that elsewhere. i'll go look.

sssgtr- u crack me up champ. your posts are always straight to the point....anyway u plan to race the T??? where and in what sort of class?

fmx_rider- i see why u went for the rex. as u said it is a cult car and has show and go as standard. it is a different strorey when we talk about trx and wrx. were u ever intersted in a lancer gsr or evo?? i wouldnt mind a gsr but an s15 would be nicer.

syncope- i dont mind the look of civic sedans. check out www.tech4s.com and go to show cars or customers cars(something like that) and check out the red civic. tech4s is a local group that collect parts, kits etc and sell here on the coast. they are only young fellas but they seem to have done alot of cars on the coast. anyway that red/burgandy civic gets arounds locally and looks nice.

cle- i find it alot easier to talk about mods then actually doing them. i havent had the money to do what i have wanted to my Ti but that will come. i look forward to when i can spend cash on my car without breaking the bank.

gli- europe sounds sweet. my sister has been in england and scotland for the last two years travelling and working. from what she says it is a must for me in the future. sounds like i am at the same stage with my car as you are. slowly getting there.

noss- dont bow to americanisation and buy a yank tank. hehe just thinking how funny it would be if antrx was run by an owner of a 5.7 litre v8 chevy silverado/xtra cab and we had yanks on here with conflicting ideas. you know how much they love v8's. you could call it anav8.com australian nissan amercian v8 . com. ahh its late i am talking shit.

CorsairGhia- good to hear. dont want to cause an arguement but check out the Ti.

time for sleep. i will elaborate on what i want to do at a later date.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2003, 11:21AM »
i think i clicked the post button before i finished writing my post.. :P

in the end, my intentions for the car are to hopefully have it in the melbourne show-off which is in september, however i think i might be pushing it a little and i might have to wait until next year.. i'll think about maybe getting it in autosalon, but i dunno.. i might run it in horsepower heroes if the lame dyno results by the vtec hondas at the autosalon are anything to go by, i'll be up there with the best of them... um.. other than that, i just want to enjoy my car.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2003, 11:24AM »
KA24E, or whacking an SR20DET in there?   :cwm35:

KA24ET or course....SR did cross my mind again in the last couple of weeks, then i realized:
a) i still have a spare KA head in the garage
b) A KA block and crank should set me back no more than say $400
c) The headaches with getting the SR conversion reg'd and insured
d) I like my torque.
e) If i did the SR i would end up spending far too much as opposed to just less than far too much building the KA24ET.  ;D

The SR is a brilliant engine, but i want to prove on the street and on the track that the KA is a force to be REALLY worried about!

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2003, 11:24AM »
sssgtr- u crack me up champ. your posts are always straight to the point....anyway u plan to race the T??? where and in what sort of class?

Hillclimbs, sprints (ie sandown and calder etc), odd run down the 1/4.....whatever is running at the time i suppose! It's all fun.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2003, 11:26AM by sssgtr »

SaMmYJ

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2003, 02:05PM »
i want a s15 ohhhh

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
« Reply #15 on: Aug 22, 2003, 02:26PM »
ive done all the mods to my pinny that i want, except maybe tinted windows and lowered suspension, but im not fussed if that never eventuates. im enjoyin the car, and i plan on keepin it for about 5 years, and then movin on to better things, like havin a decked out gmc trayback and a lowlux. ive always wanted 2 differnt types of ute
oh and the lux's numba pl8 is goin to be  "uterus" ehehehehehe
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline evenflow_trx

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty
    • Antrx
« Reply #16 on: Aug 22, 2003, 03:27PM »
My one original plan for my TRX was to get a sr20det swap by the end of this year (with noss and a few others to help me put it in) and that was going to happen until a few days ago. I would have had all the funds and it would have been going in, in December. But lately, I have been having second thoughts. Some days I am like "hell yeah, i am doing the swap". then other days "$5000-$6000 is just too much" for me at this stage to be spending on an engine swap. I can't justify spending $2000+ on insurance each year either if the sr20 was to go in. So I have decided to keep the original motor and go all out with it.

- extractors go in on sat
- chip will be put in very soon (1-3 weeks roughly)
- cam within the next month
- strut brace is coming from america
- indiglo gauges (which noss and me are ordering from overseas)
- also a suspension upgrade this year

Beyond that, there are stack of things to do, but they'll have to wait.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #17 on: Aug 22, 2003, 06:04PM »
If i buy another car as a project car, it'll be a kouki 180sx (95-97 variety); with.....wait for it......

A twin turbo VH45DE. (nissan's 4.5L V8 for those who don't know)
I'll shit my pants everytime the thing hooks up and hits boost.....:grinning-smiley-043:
Does 700-900rwkw sound a tad too insane?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #18 on: Aug 22, 2003, 09:45PM »
sssgtr... thats nuts!

I intend on keeping my car for a fair while.

I want her to ultimately be the only corsair with a TRX kit ;)  Anyway, rims are going on within the next two weeks, and lowered very soon after that (but she won't get up my driveway after that!).  Only thing completed so far is the windows/pod ( :P) and I need a sub/amp for my stereo to finish that part of the car off.

Anyway, I've only planned as far as my finances allow so far.

I would like to stay away from 'cult' cars in the future.  I realise its more expensive to do so in the long run, but the last thing you'll ever see me driving is an SS commodore.  Id rather go for something a little more unique...
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline fmx_rider

• west oz local moderator
  • TRX? Nope.........WRX!
    • Fmx_Rider's Motocross Site
« Reply #19 on: Aug 22, 2003, 10:03PM »
fmx_rider- i see why u went for the rex. as u said it is a cult car and has show and go as standard. it is a different strorey when we talk about trx and wrx. were u ever intersted in a lancer gsr or evo?? i wouldnt mind a gsr but an s15 would be nicer.
Never really interested in buying a gsr, seen some nice ones in Hot4's, but never a fan. Evo would be great, but too much $$$ as is a STI rex. I am a huge fan of the S15, but alas currently they are out of my price range, maybe I'll upgrade to one after the rex?

To Budginator..."I would like to stay away from 'cult' cars in the future.  I realise its more expensive to do so in the long run, but the last thing you'll ever see me driving is an SS commodore.  Id rather go for something a little more unique... "

I said 'cult' car....a commodore is not a cult car, its a monopoly vehicle. The number of rex's sold compared to commodores is f*ck all. It is a bad comparison. Should I point out that everyone here who have dreams of driving a R32-R34GTR would be driving a 'cult' car??  :P
MY98 WRX...work in progress: 3 inch SS turbo back exhaust, high-flow cat, K&N air filter, SPS silicone Y pipe kit, TMIC tilt mod & waterspray @ 8psi, scoop splitter, meshed MY99/00 frontbar + full colorcoding, clear indicators front/side, blue badge; Formula Ferodo TS2000 brake pads, Whiteline 22mm adustable rear swaybar with HD gold links, front strut brace; stereo consisting of Alpine, MB Quart, Eclipse & Rockford Fosgate components + IPOD dock...Next month LINK ECU & more boost (previous ride modded 1989 Pintara T)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #20 on: Aug 24, 2003, 05:41PM »
I said SS Commodore, and I'm very sure SS Commodores have a cult following, although you are right when you say its more of a large monopoly.  The BA XR falcons are quickly catching up as well.

I do get what you mean though fmx.

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2003, 07:00PM »
Well as most people know i bought Tim-E's Pintara.  Whether thats a good thing or not i don't know lol :P  Its the most reliable thing i've ever driven.  

SO far i have a full 2.25 exhaust with highflowed cat.  Simota Pod filter, Heat wrapped extractors.  Advanced timing.  Kickarse Heat shield.  Genie jap style muffler, HD daiken clutch.  Good strereo, 16in mags, debadged from TIM-E.  Cool seat covers, lol, sports pedals, VDO tacho.  

In total i've spent about $2600 so far since February.

For my future plans, they consist of:
2 new tyres
Autometre Temp guage
Aluminium cold air, chassis cutting for what i want
Euro cam
Rebuilt distributor, new rotor, cap, and leads
Dyno tune
Interior LED's
Dark Dark tint.

Hopefully have all of that done by December!
She should look good and go quicker then.

My aim is flat 16's 1/4mile, and to look sick m8 at the same time.   8)  
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
« Reply #22 on: Aug 25, 2003, 07:06PM »
Oh yeah sorry to forget but, i bought Monroe gas strutsall round and lowered kings too.  Going in on the weekend so that should make my ride a bit more like a go-Kart.
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #23 on: Aug 25, 2003, 09:48PM »
Well as most people know i bought Tim-E's Pintara.  Whether thats a good thing or not i don't know lol :P  Its the most reliable thing i've ever driven.

mate, you drove an old school Volvo before that!! It aint hard to beat!  :P

oh, and of course it was a good fuckin thing to buy the Pinny!  ;)
2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #24 on: Aug 25, 2003, 09:50PM »
Kickarse Heat shield.  

thats an interesting brand  :P

2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 25, 2003, 11:08PM »
soonish i wanna finish off doing the interior, that is chrome highlights, black door trims, by the end of the year i want an antrx chip, cam, suspension and cat back exhaust, hopefully sometime early next year extractors, high flow cat, new CAI setup then later on next year i want some bucket seats, another amp, a pair of 12s, new HU, super plush carpets, new steering wheel...

realistically i'm looking at having suspension and a cat back by the end of the year but if i get the job i've been promised, the rest of it should go as planned.
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #26 on: Aug 25, 2003, 11:28PM »
Well, should have my prototype indiglo guages in within the next month...
Need new tired, maybe upgrade to 16s or 17s... undecided...

Too busy with uni and work at the moment, but here's what's planned for the summer....

N14 SSS front bar
Possibly lower the car a lil more.
Strut brace.
Depending on how the money sistuation goes, CA18DET conversion.
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #27 on: Aug 25, 2003, 11:30PM »
That would be ace if you went ahead with a CA18DET conversion aussie-gli ;D

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #28 on: Aug 26, 2003, 12:12AM »
my plans are:
PAY THE CAR OFF!! $1200 to go.
that will happen around December, then dump the car sometime in January.
And havent really thought about much after that  ::)
Extractors and air filter possibly

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
« Reply #29 on: Aug 26, 2003, 05:23PM »
The only thing your ever going to do Tim is get a fridge installed in your boot to put your gay Mercury drinks in.  Tim's money goes towards his future investment, "his liver"  :P hehe

Get phat tyres and a pod Timmo, and some seriously low springs, maybe even illegal ones.