Author Topic: GUMBIE with a 93 U13 in need of help  (Read 2293 times)

Offline icfreely

• antrx.com junior member
  • Bluebird Reprazent
GUMBIE with a 93 U13 in need of help
« on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:18AM »
Gday antrx'rs

yeah so im a green P plater who has just inherited my mums maroon u13 bluebird and atm im getting the speedo fixed because apparently theres some factory fault with them or something. So thats $700 out of my pocket anyway. But yeah i just wanted to ask u fellas (and ladies  ;)) what would be some decent but not crazily expensive mods i could do to it. That is to say evrything from the wheels and the bodykit to the engine and exhaust system. I confess im no pro at cars but i have a basic amount of knowledge on what i could do. Also i was wondering if you guys knew any good places to get a remote boot/fueltank release and keyless entry because evrytime someone uses the car they miss the keyhole and scratch the paintwork. So any ideas ??

p.s im a big fan of cannon exhaust systems (not the ear drum busting ones tho)
An eye for an eye will make the world blind...

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
Re: GUMBIE with a 93 U13 in need of help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:44AM »
Welcome!

My first u13 sss that i had (which was written off about a year ago - see the pic in my sig) had 17" lenso mags, lowered king springs, full 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust with hi-tech extractors, tinted windows and viper pager alarm. I originally had a cannon on the exhaust when i first got it done and IMO it sounded absolutely crap, so i got rid of it and put a sports muffler on. I would highly recommend not going the mandrel bent in 2.25" as it made my bluey too laggy off the line and was extremely droney and irritating.

I also sourced clear indicators for the front bar (from the USA) and side (from 999 automotive in brissie) for it.

After she was written off, i bought another, which has remained stock standard as it is just my daily driver, while my skyline sits in the garage.

Simple, inexpensive mods you could start off with would be: pod filter and CAI (cold air induction), clear indicators also give the car a nice fresh look, and you could also start with a cat-back exhaust. Ka-bluey had cat-back on his, with an R33 muffler and it sounded pretty good (not too sure if he's still around on this site these days though). As for alarms, there are a few guys around here that are installers or at least know where is good to go (depending on where you live)...

Offline icfreely

• Bluebird Reprazent
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2008, 11:05AM »
hey! sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your info. I got the speedo fixed and it works YAY!. Ive modded it a little bit since my last post. And i found some very heavy ( ;D) lookin front shadow headlights and smoke tail lights on ebay. I found out that my engine is a KAsomething and its not so bad. But the LX models are apparently faster? is that because its a lighter model?

Offline snailman

• GOC 180' man
  • antrx.com senior member
  • 1994 U13 SSS BLUEY
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2008, 04:22PM »
yes although the sss was made as the sports model the LX was faster becaus of its weight, i too am doing much the same as you im going to get a 2.25" exhaust soon and saving for lowering and some nice 17" rims ;D
loves doing 180's up great ocean road... not!

Offline abo

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 9, 2008, 02:40AM »
Hi

I've got a 93 SSS with defunct speedo, what was the "fix" you had to do?, I am currently trying to identify the issue the HUD and speedo are no go.

Abo

Offline marcus

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #5 on: Sep 9, 2008, 02:23PM »
hey my names marcus i just wonted to know if any one on this site knows how i can get some parts for my right hand drive convertion anyone HELP!!!!! lol

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #6 on: Sep 9, 2008, 08:35PM »
Hi

I've got a 93 SSS with defunct speedo, what was the "fix" you had to do?, I am currently trying to identify the issue the HUD and speedo are no go.

Abo

Speed sensor in the gearbox?  I would check to see if its sending the correct signal... if not, crack in the instrument clusters wiring?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline icfreely

• Bluebird Reprazent
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2008, 04:58PM »
yep mine is fixed. i went to an autoelectrician and got it fixed cost me 500? i think?? :D??