Author Topic: Hello another noob kid on the block  (Read 2721 times)

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
Hello another noob kid on the block
« on: Dec 1, 2007, 11:16PM »
hello to all, my name is Liam and i have a U13 bluebird Attesa, that's it on the left, i love my car like all of you here and  i am currently in the process of making it go faster, GT2876r turbo,gtir inlet manifold, trying to find a dump pipe, rocker stoppers,greedy tube in fin intercooler and a few other bits and pieces, i like to race my car at sprints, phillip island in my fav track (nothing like pulling 6 grand in top gear down the main strait) and i also drive on cruise's with the car club as well, i have a few questions as most noobs but i will post them in the appropriate places, mostly performance related, i am glad i finally found a forum which caters for my car (better than what the hell is a Bluebird Attesa - response = the car that will be kicken your ass). Thanks all

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: Hello another noob kid on the block
« Reply #1 on: Dec 2, 2007, 10:41AM »
Hey Liam, welcome - that's a very nice looking attesa you have there :)
I've had a ride in a gt2871r powered attesa and wow, big turbos ftw!
is the car manual or auto?
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Dec 2, 2007, 01:05PM »
Welcome Liam :)

We are an ever expanding U12/U13 ATTESA community now days, as the U13 drops in price more and more.

Awesome to hear that you take your 'bluey to the track, a few people on here do that, but none that I know of in Vic :(
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #3 on: Dec 2, 2007, 09:40PM »
Why thank for your compliments i appreciate them, my car is manual just rebuilt the box myself in the car fk what a job that was, Budgie anytime you want to go racing drop me a line and we will see if we cant hook up i have a few mates we usually go togeather, the more the better, the last time i raced the car was at the six hour regularity trial at phillip island, what a hoot out there with 39 other cars at the same time,  looking to get togeather for a night meet and cruise does anyone in Vic organise such a thing  did one a week ago with the nissansilvia.com guys and it was good.
anyway still have work to do on the car many things still to go.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Dec 3, 2007, 07:57AM »
Did you buy your ATTESA with a broken gearbox?  Tokyo japan floor-mats?

I think its the same car I was looking at buying a few months ago! :)

We are running a Sunday cruise, next Sunday the 16th.  Tag along if you feel like it Liam, it will be a coast run and a few beers :)

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,14368.0/all.html

Oh also, Luke, another manual U13 owner on antrx.com has a U13 pulling 177kw @ all four wheels... with a bigger turbo, ECU, injectors, AFM and 3" zorst.  So expect some decent power out of your car Liam :)
« Last Edit: Dec 3, 2007, 07:59AM by Budgie »

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #5 on: Dec 3, 2007, 08:52AM »
yes it has those, but the gearbox was not as broken as he thought only cost me a couple hundred to rebuild it was for sale in cranbourne and now lives just up the road a bit, it also has Unichip computer with boost controller, z32 afm, full 3in exhaust mandrel bend, cold air intake .

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #6 on: Dec 3, 2007, 09:09AM »
Ah!

Well, thats good news anyway mate.  I was planning to buy, rebuild the box and do the same stuff as you pretty much.  Sounds like it was a good buy :)

And yes, they are a bitch to work on.  Did you drop the motor & box or leave it all in the car, dropping the box off the side?

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 3, 2007, 12:33PM »
Hey man, you car sounds almost identical to mine, however Im sure yours is in better condition. I'm expecting over 200kW at the wheels when I finally get it tuned and a low 12 second quarter. Might be bringing it to Melbourne in the new year to do some runs cos there's no longer a drag strip in Adelaide :( Would be good to catch up with everyone.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #8 on: Dec 3, 2007, 01:37PM »
And yes, they are a bitch to work on.  Did you drop the motor & box or leave it all in the car, dropping the box off the side?

No i left it all in the car just pulled the back cover off and ripped it all out.

Luke i was in Adelaide 2 weeks ago for work, would have been good to catch up but i did not know you then, it would have saved me sitting in my hotel room watching crap foxtel, for sure if you come over we can hook up and our car do sound very similar mine is not show room condition but good for its age, the guy who had it before me did a twin headlight conversion on it and put mesh on the sides of headlight covers i ran some tubing thru the inner panel in the engine bay and picked up the air from right beside the headlight but behind the mesh cut a hole in the airbox at the side and hooked up a 3in collector and away you go cold air intake i was expecting 260 kw at engine as i "track it" i dont want it to be a grenade if i take it down the 1/4 i would crank it up.
« Last Edit: Dec 3, 2007, 06:37PM by Budgie »

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #9 on: Dec 3, 2007, 06:38PM »
Might be bringing it to Melbourne in the new year to do some runs cos there's no longer a drag strip in Adelaide :( Would be good to catch up with everyone.

Sounds good Luke, I will be there if you do.