Author Topic: HNU12 King Springs Part Number? and shocks?  (Read 3002 times)

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
HNU12 King Springs Part Number? and shocks?
« on: Sep 26, 2014, 03:23PM »
Hello guys, can someone please post here the part number for the HNU12 King Springs? Also  can anyone confirm what shocks could be use on the HNU12? I have read a lot but different comments. The King Springs I need to import them from Australia to Costa Rica ( expensive I know) but as I read, they have made them for years so wanna go for the safe choice.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: HNU12 King Springs Part Number? and shocks?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2014, 09:08AM »
budgie would be the person that would likely know. he's an encyclopedia for that kinda thing. although his response here: http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,12513.0.html  and also here http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,10858.msg175119.html#msg175119 doesn't look promising

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 6, 2014, 05:13PM »
Thxs for the info.. I just call and got an answering machine saying they are close... will try tomorrow

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Oct 7, 2014, 06:56AM »
For the fronts, use coilovers from any S13 / S14 240sx / Silvia / 200sx. You will need to slot 2 of the bolt holes to use the top mounts, but if you torque the nuts up correctly, it should be ok on the street. Personally I had 3mm plates cut to the S13 / S14 strut top dimensions and weld them onto my strut towers so the holes all ended up in the correct location.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 8, 2014, 03:32PM »
Nice tip... thxs... how about for the back struts?.. I was looking for springs but coilovers  sounds good to.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Oct 8, 2014, 08:25PM »
Funny you mention rears, i'll post up some pics in the coming days of what I am doing.

Not a cheap option however, about $1300-1400 AUD just for the rears.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Oct 9, 2014, 03:59PM »
Just called to King Springs and asked for the hnu12 springs. They told me they don't have anything in records for the bluebird. The guy told me to ask who make them custom and check an SR # in the spring. So if anyone has that part number I will appreciate it.

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #7 on: Oct 9, 2014, 04:44PM »
U13 bluebird front coilovers will bolt straight in if the body's the same as the AUS delivered U12?

I got some off fleabay, came from Thaiwon. I think it was about $600 for the fronts with a 10 or 12kg spring rate (can't remember..) and "drift dampiner oil" - whatever that means.
Worked good though, height, dampener and camber adjustable.

For the rears I was going to TIG some Coilover sleeves on with some beefed up mounting plates to save suspension/heart break. You would need stainless or something sleeves, not AL like a lot of them are.
Had 8kg/mm rears which worked a treat, and they were on fucked stock shocks.

Legal?
Hahahahahahaahahhahahahahahha haha....... No.

Things to consider.

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2015, 07:25PM »
U13 rear coil overs will also work, they're the same. It's only the u12 fwd rear that was different