Author Topic: crossmember to lower radiator support rust  (Read 1654 times)

Offline K24godzilla

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
crossmember to lower radiator support rust
« on: Aug 15, 2015, 09:45PM »
after all the time and money i have spent on this car its apparent the rust in the car is structural, kind of.

after doing the engine mounts on the car and bolting the car back together i have detected rust, too much rust for my linking and its proven to now effect how the car behaves. i thought it was odd that the bolts were wobbling when i was undoing them and wobbling when i was tighteining them back up to spec.

namely the front cross member bolts that bolt up to the front of the car under the radiator. the whole section it bolts to is also bubbling and flaking.

i can feel under deceleration the shunting of the crossmember moving back and forth. i have even marked in pen the mount points to check for movement and sure enough the pen shows significant movement.

doing a google search yielded this as a known for this car but i also know this car was owned by someone who lived in a coastal suburb.

i am truly gutted but i will drive it until i stop feeling comfortable with the car. i only work a short distance and barely get up to 60kmh daily so it should be ok, until its not.

it will need to last until november when it gets replaced with another nissan...a 350z.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: crossmember to lower radiator support rust
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2015, 10:33AM »
that sux, but it will be fine till you get the replacement i guess
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801