Author Topic: afm problems  (Read 1514 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
afm problems
« on: Jul 21, 2004, 05:38PM »
a couple of people have posted about problems with their ECM light flashing on & off like crazy, but when they check their ecu for error codes, the system comes up with the 'all clear' code.

i took a punt and replaced my afm sensor (air flow meter, otherwise known as maf). i'll take a pic tonite of an sr20det maf that i have which is essentially the same. i didnt replace the whole unit, just the little black box bit.

anyway, problem is gone. fuel economy is considerably better. no more flashing ecm light. works a charm.

so yeh, might be worth checking that you afm is in working order if you are having this problem.

the thing is, in the words of sss 'the air flow sensor is probably the one most expensive piece of electronic equipment in any nissan engine bay' so yeh, keep an eye out for bargains.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
Re: afm problems
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2004, 12:44AM »
what was the price of your SR20 unit noss?
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2004, 10:20PM »
yeah that would be handy to have a benchmark to work by

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2004, 11:58AM »
the sr20 afm is actually on loan from adamj.. i should really give it back to him. i should take that pic too.

shoot adelaide jap off an email about the afm price.. should be around $150-ish i reckon.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2004, 04:01PM »
here is the sr20det afm, the only difference is that the connection is at 90 degree to the afm..

[attachment deleted by admin]