Author Topic: central locking #2  (Read 1404 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
central locking #2
« on: Mar 11, 2003, 08:38PM »
i have aftermarket central locking.. i bought it from brisbane car sound. me & my dad installed it. it worked great for 18 months, now, when i lock the door (i dont have remote, i have to use the key) the locks just pop back up again, so it is just continuously "lock, unlock, lock, unlock...." so i disconnected the central from the battery for now, as i didnt have time to fix it. is it just that the sender unit isnt grounded properly anymore?

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
Re:central locking #2
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2003, 10:59PM »
check ur wiring, if thats all good, there might be something holding back the connector that grabs the locking mechanism on the door lock itself.

If its held back, the actuator may think ur trying to open/close the door, so it activates it to unlock.

Just a tip - it happened to me a while back, just moved the actuator around a bit, readjusted the connector and it was all schweet

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
Re:central locking #2
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2003, 05:02PM »
check for obstructions in the door as they will pop back up if something is obstructing the actuator rod
this is a common problem in all central locking cars and should be pretty easy to fix
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??