Author Topic: have you tried castrol magnatec?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
have you tried castrol magnatec?
« on: Feb 4, 2003, 04:57PM »
has anyone tried magnatec? and if so, did they notice any differences when starting their car, or possibly in performance?

i know a guy with a carby ka24e powered pathfinder, and he reckons that he noticed definate differences with performance... but i'd like to have this backed up by someone..

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
Re:have you tried castrol magnatec?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 4, 2003, 05:18PM »

has anyone tried magnatec? and if so, did they notice any differences when starting their car, or possibly in performance?

hahaha funny youshould say that .....i just bought some today ..to try.

when i do a oilchange tomorrow ....and will tell u if i see any changes ....

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Feb 4, 2003, 07:51PM »
thanks champ.. let me know how it goes.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #3 on: Feb 5, 2003, 04:02PM »
it did feel nicer straight away....but that was prob just cause it was fresh oil......it had been a year (yea i know im bad) .......i dont know if i felt any performance diff.....u would prob have to get it dinoed ...and that would only show crap all ...which is really not worth it. (the reason i bought it cause it was cheaper than the mobil synthetic....and mobil one etc....and it looked ok) ....

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 6, 2003, 11:52AM »
I've used Castrol Magnatec in my car and I don't think it makes a lot of difference. The car seems to idle smoother on a cold start but the main reason I bought it is coz it takes heaps longer to 'go black' with contaminants  ;) so it should improve engine durability etc.

Since it's only 10w-40 you'll notice ur oil pressure go through the f*cking roof on hot days but I don't think that matters, just a bit scary  ;)
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds