Author Topic: Stock or Aftermarket Fuel Pump  (Read 16989 times)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Stock or Aftermarket Fuel Pump
« on: Apr 22, 2012, 10:09PM »
I removed the fuel pump today and I'm imagining it is stock but can't tell for certain. What do you guys think? What is the stock part number for U12 OEM?

The part number is 0580 314 077 then the next set of numbers read 014 58707

If the pump isn't stock what pump is it? If it is stock what should I upgrade too. Was thinking something like an XR6 turbo fuel pump from Walbro or a Walbro 255.

See my pump below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[/quote]

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Re: Stock or Aftermarket Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2012, 06:30PM »
So I have done some research and Repco, Bursons or SuperCheap don't have Walbro pumps. Supercheap can order any Bosch pump. Just don't know which one to go with.

Also for an SR20DET do you guys know how much litres per hour capacity your pump should require running a good tune, GT2860RS and 550cc injectors. If I can get away with a smaller capacity pump off the shelf (like an XR6T which flows 150L per hour) maybe that will be okay.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2012, 08:15PM »
I got my Walbro pump from autobarn. Had it in stock. Just make sure you take the old one with you and get the Nissan one with the inlets and outlets on the correct sides.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2012, 12:06AM »
think the stock flows 140lph
i to have a Walbro and find them very loud, Bosch flow @ just over 200lph. denso seem good.

found this guide some supra cat had done it  is very comprehensive , but bear in mind he is making reference to supras...seems the skyline stock ones are favored..

http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumpguide.htm
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2012, 06:38PM »
think the stock flows 140lph
i to have a Walbro and find them very loud, Bosch flow @ just over 200lph. denso seem good.

found this guide some supra cat had done it  is very comprehensive , but bear in mind he is making reference to supras...seems the skyline stock ones are favored..

http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumpguide.htm

That fuel pump guide is really good! Thanks for sharing the link.

I'd rather quiet then noisy even if the Walbro is priced well. Will try to find a Bosch pump. The guy that served me at SuperCheap Auto also said the same thing regarding noise!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:02PM »
I have a Bosch 984 in my U12 ... no louder than stock.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2012, 10:35AM »
I have the walbro 255 pump. Can only here it when i turn the car to on and it pressurizes. Once the car is running i cant here it at all.
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2012, 11:12AM »
not sure where you're at with this, but the bosch site has a list of fuel pumps and a list of fuel pump specs in 2 separate pdf documents

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/fuelpumps.pdf

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/BOSCH_Fuel_Pump_WEB.pdf

i can't find the part number anywhere, but normally bosch pumps are referred to by their last 3 digits. i.e. a vl turbo pump is an 044.

according to the catalogue the stock pintara/corsair pump part number is 9 581 067 006

I finally found the part number of the fuel pump in your car. seems that its for the E30 and E36 BMW 3 series.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2012, 11:38PM »
not sure where you're at with this, but the bosch site has a list of fuel pumps and a list of fuel pump specs in 2 separate pdf documents

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/fuelpumps.pdf

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/BOSCH_Fuel_Pump_WEB.pdf

i can't find the part number anywhere, but normally bosch pumps are referred to by their last 3 digits. i.e. a vl turbo pump is an 044.

according to the catalogue the stock pintara/corsair pump part number is 9 581 067 006

I finally found the part number of the fuel pump in your car. seems that its for the E30 and E36 BMW 3 series.

Thanks guys, I have a BMW 3 series pump? It must have been replaced somewhere along the way and it was the closest match I'm guessing. I guess I can conclude that Dano didn't replace the pump (if you would upgrade you would go much more I would think).

Budgie - What boost are you running in your SR20 and are you running a T25 or T28 turbo???
Kranzy - Good to know about your experience with the Walbro.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2012, 08:01AM »
only about 10-12psi, turbo is a GT2876R. 160kw at the wheels.

I choose the Bosch 984 on recommendations for various members on the GTiR owner club who use it, running up to power outputs over 240awkw

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2012, 03:38PM »
only about 10-12psi, turbo is a GT2876R. 160kw at the wheels.

I choose the Bosch 984 on recommendations for various members on the GTiR owner club who use it, running up to power outputs over 240awkw

Interesting. I'm hoping my car will make somewhere between 190 and 200fwkw once it is tuned and setup. If it can be used in a GTIR car with 240awkw it should do my car okay.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2012, 06:59PM »
i want to ask the same question although regards to injectors..

skype_shannan801

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2012, 11:03AM »
i want to ask the same question although regards to injectors..

I've been told any injectors from 550cc for an SR20DET looking to make 200fwkw is more than enough. The flow of these rated injectors should be good for a min of 270 - 280kw at the wheels.

Just go for a brand name or a performance parts shop. The other guys may be running something different.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2012, 04:47PM »
I ordered a Bosch 984. The product catalogue states it flows 160L/per hour however I saw it advertised on the net for much higher capacity setups (up to 500hp).

Not cheap. About $400 from SuperCheap. Thought about getting it off ebay but if I have any issues I can take it back.

ALSO............I couldn't confirm if it is an external or internal pump or if there are models for both setups.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2012, 05:14PM »
Not sure why people are so hell bent on Bosch pumps... the walbro 255 is a 255l/h pump and is about half the cost of what you just spent.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #15 on: May 2, 2012, 08:39PM »
My 984 was nowhere near that much, was a touch over $200 from memory, but came from ebay from a trust seller here in Melbourne.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #16 on: May 2, 2012, 09:36PM »
I paid retail at autobarn for mine.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2012, 10:15PM »
in-tank..
 i too got mine from autobaaahhn ,walbro is alot cheaper. i don't think the Bosch 044 are that much..

skype_shannan801

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #18 on: May 3, 2012, 09:30PM »
Alright. Thought I'd give an update.

After ordering the part from SuperCheap it came in today which I thought was awesome (within 1 business day turnaround). I thought to double check I would bring my existing pump and cradle into the shop.

I don't know why but my experience with Repco is that the staff there have no idea on cars. If it doesn't appear on there computer system then it won't work at all. I have always found that there are a few guys at SuperCheap that know there stuff on car.

Talking to one of the more knowledgeable guys at SuperCheap we measure out the Bosch 984 and it is too big to fit in the standard Pintara U12 cradle. We measured it as 6cm in diameter and 11cm in length. I measure the existing pump to be 4cm in diamter and 9cm in length. Also the 984 was external.

Funnier thing was I had some guy with his family ordering a part for his sprintcar. Started giving me advice about pumps (which I need to confirm) then telling me how I need to do more research then I'm doing and talking to me like I have no idea on mechanics. I've always found this in the car scene. Rather then help and make a point some want to help and make a point about how much more they know (or they think they know) then you do.

When I told him about the power output I'm making and the engine and combination regarding turbo and fuel injectors (which I think he has no idea as he struck me as a guy who knows crap about Jap cars) he said I'd need a rebuild to make 200kw at the wheels based on stock internals for an SR20DET. He also questioned why I need to upgrade the fuel pump given the power output for that engine.

So my question is, can I keep the stock pump and make the power output I want without any damage? Is it more about pressure or volume of flow?

Budgie, is your 984 internal or external and does it fit in the cradle. Kranzy, what was the part number of your Walbro?

If I can't get the bosch pump for the correct size I'll go for the Walbro.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2012, 10:24PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In its cradle.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2012, 10:53PM »
Thanks Budgie for the pic  :). How did it go regarding the fuel sender. I can't see it attached to your picture. That's an aftermarket cradle as well. Did the cradle and fuel filter pouch come with the pump?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2012, 12:08AM »
Budgie's car is awd so that's the difference there. All I did was took my old pump in with me. Autobarn had the pumps in stock so I went there. It's just a standard Nissan Walbro 255 pump. There are a couple of different types, just make sure the inlets and outlets are on the correct sides (either same side or opposite sides) I can't remember which.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2012, 01:32AM »
Fuel Pump Part #:  GSS342 for the walbro, will be about $160. The GSS-341 & GSS-342 as essentially the same pump, the difference is only the relation of the fuel pick-up and outlet locations; they are as follows:

GSS-341 - Fuel pick-up and outlet are offset by 180°
GSS-342 - Fuel pick-up and outlet are inline
Both pumps are common upgrades for various Nissan, Subaru & Toyota models.

OEM Replacement Fuel Pump HFP-382,

heres a comparison test and good summery of each..
http://realstreetperformance.com/store/pages/fuel-pump-comparison-test-5.html

skype_shannan801

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2012, 09:47AM »
Fuel Pump Part #:  GSS342 for the walbro, will be about $160. The GSS-341 & GSS-342 as essentially the same pump, the difference is only the relation of the fuel pick-up and outlet locations; they are as follows:

GSS-341 - Fuel pick-up and outlet are offset by 180°
GSS-342 - Fuel pick-up and outlet are inline
Both pumps are common upgrades for various Nissan, Subaru & Toyota models.

OEM Replacement Fuel Pump HFP-382,

heres a comparison test and good summery of each..
http://realstreetperformance.com/store/pages/fuel-pump-comparison-test-5.html

You know your part numbers Pedro! Thanks for the info. I'll check out Autobarn today and see if they have it in stock. If not I'll get it ordered in.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2012, 03:07PM »
I called Autobarn and they stated the GSS342 is superseeded by a newer model. Virtually the same (I think it flows somewhere around 300l per hour instead of 295.

Price is around $250. I know there are people selling them off ebay but if I have a problem with it I can take it back? What do you guys think?

Offline pedro666

• post whore
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2012, 04:31PM »
go the walbro new model, should be better than the old, maybe quieter. you may be able to return it if its from an ebay store and have a physical store?

skype_shannan801

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 03:35PM »
I'm just going to post here. My fuel pump is also on the way out. I found the Walbro 255LPH for $125. Would that be suitable for the ka24e ?
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 04:23PM »
I'm just going to post here. My fuel pump is also on the way out. I found the Walbro 255LPH for $125. Would that be suitable for the ka24e ?

From the research I have had to do and what the guys on here have stated the Walbro is fine for up to 500hp potentially. It all depends on fuel pressure and amperage of the battery. I'm no expert but for a stock ka24e I think it would be fine. Someone on here can confirm.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06AM »
I run a walbro 255 in my turbo sr with headroom. Will be more than enough for a ka24e.

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 05:56PM »
I don't know much about fuel management, injectors, pumps etc, I was more thinking it would e too big and flood, or does it only pump through what the computer tells it to ?
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES