Author Topic: conversions  (Read 1963 times)

Offline ash

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
conversions
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:16PM »
i have a ca20 powered corsair and i was wondering wheither to convert it to something else or do some work on it
what sort money would i be looking at to get bout 150kw's

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
Re: conversions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 03:52PM »
im in the processes of an engine conversion...for ur's id be budgeting for at least 8g
best option would be a ca18det or sr20det, ca20e's are shit and getting 150kw outa them is gonna cost double
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline ash

• new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 04:20PM »
one of my mates has a starion and the guy thats building his engines told me to get a ca18 and get the 2.0 ltr internals forged and turbo it with a micro tec or similar computer would this be a visable conversion
also where could i get a short through shifter for my 5 speed
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 04:23PM by ash »

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 04:58PM »
ohhh the humanity.......this engine builder, like most is all piss and wind. a ca18det with a t28, 3 inch zorst, a bigger afm and aftermarket ems would get u all the power u need. ull find it hard enough to keep traction on the ground. why would u fuss with the 2.ltr internals?
its not as easy as dropping an engine in and off u go.
has your suspension been done/upgraded
has your brakes been upgraded?
u will need to replace alot of little things that break with this increase in power.
there is a shatload more too it than u think. forget bloddy engine builders, go to a place that does conversions all the time. engine builders are just interested in handing u a bullet and dont care about the other work that has too be done b4 u put it in
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 05:50PM »
forget bloddy engine builders, go to a place that does conversions all the time. engine builders are just interested in handing u a bullet and dont care about the other work that has too be done b4 u put it in
well said.

If your prepared to bring your car to southern tasmania to get the work done I can highly recommend Griffiths automotive, they do a fair few conversions and know what they're talking about.(I remember them fitting a CA18det into an N13 pulsar last year sometime)
and they're great mechanics.  http://www.griffithsautomotive.com.au/

Offline ash

• new kid on the block
« Reply #5 on: Jun 5, 2005, 04:45PM »
he is doin everything to my mates car from engine mounts to 330mm brakes all round bigger calipers and after market shocks and springs strut braces front and rear etc etc

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #6 on: Jun 5, 2005, 05:40PM »
well if your after 150fwkw i'd go with a ca18det... they rev harder and easier and will easilly pump out 150kw on stock internals with the right support mods, ie. z32 afm, 550cc sard/nismo/gtr (gtr injectors will fit the ca's) injectors, bosch 044 or 040 fuel pump, re-cored t28 (if i was going turbo i wouldnt get a stock turbo or a hi-flow, i'd go with a re-core or just a bigger turbo in general), big fmic, airpod, skyline r32 or r33 brakes, coilover fully adjustable suspension (tein or hks), 9" rims, pump the guards out, 245/40/17

then you need a stronger box/diff which may also come with the ca18det :P

and about $10g later you'll be laughing!....

this car would be an absolute animal if it was done properly, hardly any drivetrain losses (in comparison to rwd), better traction off the line, car would be PIMP!
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Jun 5, 2005, 07:00PM »
he is doin everything to my mates car from engine mounts to 330mm brakes all round bigger calipers and after market shocks and springs strut braces front and rear etc etc

Whats the name of the place? or is it just a backyard bloke? :)