Author Topic: Anyone Reco-ed a Starter??  (Read 1349 times)

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
Anyone Reco-ed a Starter??
« on: Apr 26, 2004, 07:25PM »
Just wondering if anybody has reco-ed a starter motor?? I've gone thru 2 second hand ones in the past year... GRRR... THinking about fixing one of the ones I've got lying around...

Also, does anyone know what would typically cause a dead short when the solenoid clicks in?? Bearings?!?! ???
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: Anyone Reco-ed a Starter??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2004, 07:56PM »
ive pulled one to pieces and put it back together when i did automotive in year 12... its not hard but its not easy either

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2004, 08:25PM »
Yeh, I've done the same before... But still did the same thing and i was getting pissed off so got another one from pick a part... $30.  Anyone else?
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline Insu

• closet noss lover
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • Its time to laugh again!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2004, 09:05PM »
I've reconned an alternator? Does that count? All you need is the right tools, some new bushes, a hydralic pressure press and you're away.
Previously known as Audio Muncher