Author Topic: Rack Boots Problem  (Read 1368 times)

89pintarau12

Rack Boots Problem
« on: Jan 29, 2004, 07:28PM »
Hi,

I've had a power steering problem in my Pintara 89 Exec for sometime now and have been gradually getting it fixed as time goes by...at the moment i am now at the stage of gettin the rack boots fixed.  I have been told though that i will need a wheel alignment after they get fixed.  I need new tyres and i was wondering will i NEED to get the rack boots fixed before i get new tyres....i also desperately need a wheel alignment, tyres are getting chewed up.  If i get the tyres and wheel alignment done....and not the rack boots (YET) will the alignment just go out again.....i am unsure as to what the rack boots are for ?  Any comments would be great !

Thanks.

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
Re: Rack Boots Problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2004, 09:50PM »
Get the rack boots fixed when u get ur new tires and front end aligned.... The boots are around $20 each i think... labour shouldn't be more than $45...

If u don't get the boots done, it shouldn't affect ur alignment, however get it fixed... makes ur car unroadworthy!!
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2004, 09:52PM by aussie-gli »
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.