Author Topic: 90 trx 2.4 dizzy elec or points ?shuddering,stuttering  (Read 2200 times)

Offline aidee

• antrx.com junior member
my 2.4 ,90 model is it points or elec dizzy?im a dumb fuck hands down , i haven,t  looked yet ,my car some times grumbles and studders lately so im just askin point gap?(new points)when i take the oil filller cap off with the motor going i get lots of blow back which aint good (oil rings fucked)from previous experience its, still very driveable,dont like the future ,should i start to worry ,i know nissans run if it fucked but dont wanna get caught too far from home.
(i have tourettes) fu$% it,shit,fu$%?shit?fu$%.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: 90 trx 2.4 dizzy elec or points ?shuddering,stuttering
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2008, 08:21AM »
The distributor on the U12 KA's houses a Crank Angle Sensor, and a rotor button.
So no points to adjust.

Clean up the contacts on the distributor cap with some emery paper, do the same with the rotor button. You'd be suprised how quickly crap accumulates on the contacts in the cap.

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
Re: 90 trx 2.4 dizzy elec or points ?shuddering,stuttering
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2008, 03:27AM »
yeah gave the rotor button a clean up with some fine sandpaper and put it back in ,still stuttered and carried on so i went to walkers at ipswich and got a new dizzy cap $35 and rotor $15 put them in and fixed the problem.
I was about to say to replace your cap as most probably had hairline crack in it causing terminals to possibly arc
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??