Author Topic: splits  (Read 1726 times)

Offline gach2

• antrx.com full member
splits
« on: Apr 29, 2007, 12:18AM »
i was just wondering where was the best place to mount the crossover and tweeter on a pintara. would the door trims be fine. like on the non vinyl part (next to or below door handle. also has anyone heard of the clarion SRS1750HX. i couldnt find much about it on the clarion website. it an old model and i did fins some stuff on a foreign clarion site but it wasnt in english. just wondering if these were the model before SRS1752HX.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: splits
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2007, 05:07PM »
Mount the crossover inside the door, but slip it into a taped-up plastic bag to keep water off it. They don't need to be on display, and IMO they look crap when they're just screwed onto the door card.

Try a few different mounting positions for the tweeter, like down with the woofer in the door, up the top of the door, on your kick panel, on your dash, etc. Choose the position that sounds best to you.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2007, 05:11PM »
imo you're better off putting the crossover under the dash somewhere. that way you can use the line that goes into the door as the wire for the woofer. Then you have the flexiblity to wire the tweeter onto the A pillar or dash without having to run another wire out of the door.
Of course it would be best if you replaced the old wiring into the door with new wires.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:59PM »
i put my crossovers in the kick panels, easiest place to get to if there was an issue

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan