Author Topic: How much is a new clutch?  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
How much is a new clutch?
« on: Nov 21, 2003, 02:14PM »
Hey,

as some of you may know I'm looking to get a Pinny T, Ti or TRX. I've finally found a half decent deal....or is it? Its a Pinny T with the manual gearbox but it needs a new clutch. Its done 225 thousand kays and they want a bit under 3 grand for it.....

Any comments on whether this is a good deal? 225 thou is a fair few kays and more importantly how much is a replacement clutch? This would be the factor in following this up.......

Chadza
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline ZiiN

• ANTRX Boost Whore
  • antrx.com junkie
Re:How much is a new clutch?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2003, 02:25PM »
For cltuches.... look at one of nosses post about adelaide Hi po clutches (in peformance and handling i think....) might aswell get a good clutch ;) i think they varied from 300-500? might be wrong... have t olook at the post though mate
Munch Munch 5.0L's For Lunch

Wolf 3Dv5 + controller
A'pexi 740cc Injectors
MSD Direct Fire Ignition system
Malpassi rising rate FPR
Walbro 500hp fuel pump
Front Mount
Turbo back 3in Exhuast
GT28RS turbo (soon to betuned ;) )

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2003, 02:26PM »
Whoopsee....just found the adelaide clutch thread....SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED FIRST ...I can just hear noss yelling to himself!!

Okay this thread has now turned into  this.....I Rich's car is over 200 grand kays but...what seems to go wrong with Pinny's after that mark.....is there anything else I will probably have to replace?

Chadza

Offline FANC_ME

• Heaven Wont Have Me And Hell Thinks Ill Take Over
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2003, 02:51PM »
Make sure things like the timing chain have been replaced.. if thats left to late it can do damage....

Its an older car anyway.. If its been regularly serviced and you have proof (recepits)
Then it could be a good buy....
Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2003, 04:24PM »
225thou is less than what my car has done. check cv's gearbox & timing chain.. dont get a replacement oem clutch or equivelent.. get either heavy duty at least. most people, doesnt matter how they drive, will kill replacement clutches in all of 6-12 months. thats what it seems anyway.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2003, 04:57PM »
Tell the seller to drop $500 off the price to cover having the clutch changed. Most likely they will if they want to get rid of the car.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2003, 04:57PM by sssgtr »

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2003, 11:30PM »
hmmm mine's lasted 3 months and hasn't shown any wear at all...
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2003, 10:49AM »
Just updating people o nthis car....I went to have a look at it this morning....and it was a bit of a dud.

It did have new brakes and tyres and had a 3 inch exhaust and extractors fitted but the guy was a bit shifty and had no service records...

coupled with this the clutch was so buggered that it would have to be towed to get it repaired...I want to be able to drive it to see if it is okay first!! As well as that it had no rego and no battery so it wouldn't even start!!!

I stuck clear of it!

Chadza

Offline I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout

• Irish Correspondent
  • i will wear a bikini for food
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2003, 11:25AM »
smart move
TeamManSnag

Homer!  What have you done to the car?  I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before!  Before!  You're living in the past, Marge.  Quit living in the past.

What, I never said I didn't like it asshat! :P

At least I don't think I did... but if I did, then I'm the asshat.

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2003, 10:41PM »
f*ck man that IS bad. Best to stay away from something like that - if he's left the clutch THAT long, then he obviously doesn't care enough to look after the car and have it serviced regularly.
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds