Author Topic: aus spec u12 pintara with sr wanting swap to ca  (Read 1705 times)

Offline johnius_maximus

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
aus spec u12 pintara with sr wanting swap to ca
« on: Jun 27, 2015, 09:10AM »
howdy folks. so yes the title seems confusing but here is my dilemma. i currently have an stock sr2odet swapped aus spec u12 pintara and im not happy with its perfomance. but mind you i have in storage atm an s12 gazelle with a full race spec'd ca18det ( full forged bottom end, the head is full of quality tomei goodies cams cam gear, 800cc injectors, microtech lt10s, gt3640r turbo) that im having some chassis/body wiring issues with.... anyway the idea im having is to drop out the sr20, sell it, then swap in my ca18det with a built lsd box to suit.
so my question is which guys on here have a u12 pintara with a fwd ca already? also what would i need to do the swap.
or am i just better off sorting out my gazelle and selling the trx once the gaz is complete. gota have one not two cars. would prefer the trx cause of the 4 doors bit.
any ideas, or help would be great guys. cheers.

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
Re: aus spec u12 pintara with sr wanting swap to ca
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2015, 11:21AM »
The first thing I'd be looking at is the mounting points on the ca block vs a fwd ca. That and if the distributor position is going to be an issue.

In all honesty I think you'd be better of with the Sr or buy a bird and transfer what you can from the trx and sell it off