Author Topic: Colour rejuvination.  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
Colour rejuvination.
« on: Nov 18, 2010, 01:15PM »
hey guys i had just recently got a Trx kit painted and fitted to my corsair. now the bumpers are a brighter red to my car, how would i go about rejuvinating the rest of my paint ? cut and polish followed by a clear coat of paint ? any ideas ? new spray over the same coour ?
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
Re: Colour rejuvination.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2010, 07:05PM »
If they were originally the same colour a two step of cut and polish followed by a good wax works great. But obviously the respray is the ultimate solution if budget is not an issue. If you have time and patience, wet and dry sanding and new clear coat, if it is a metallic is another option.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2010, 03:58PM by BRUCE-TI »
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2010, 08:49AM »
Respray the rest of the car. Sorry, but that is the only decent solution.

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #3 on: Dec 7, 2010, 05:19PM »
any idea on roughly how much that would be mate ? i know it will be over a grand clearly.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #4 on: Dec 7, 2010, 06:21PM »
go easiest step first mate. speaking as a spray painter, Red is a man-made colour does not occur naturally in pigment form, hence why red cars are most common to fade. This is also the reason a proper cut and polish can work wonders..

Use 3M 6085 Perfect-it rubbing compound, best stuff on the market for the price.. buff it up, wipe off dry polish, see how u go. if your not close enough then u will have to respray the car.. not cheap. the most expensive part of the respray is paying someone to paint it. you can get decent enough materials for <$500 but for a painter to just spray a top coat of colour and new clear will take 2 days if done remotely decent (or one flat out 15 hour day lol)

as a rough guide, i charge $400 roughly for materials and labour on front bar + 2 front guards repair and blend. that includes $100 to oven bake the work so it is ready the day its painted.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #5 on: Dec 7, 2010, 06:55PM »
Wanna do my car ??? Lol
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #6 on: Dec 7, 2010, 08:15PM »
haha live in adelaide mate, otherwise i would do it for ya. talk to your mates in the car industry, someone will know someone else, offer cash in hand for the job.

tell them u know that the materials etc is under 500 and u will pay 500 for their labour, $1k respray. any painter will take 500 cash for one weekends work. if not, up it a couple hundred
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #7 on: Dec 7, 2010, 09:09PM »
Remind me and I'll find the card of the guy that did my car.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #8 on: Dec 7, 2010, 09:27PM »
Hey kranz I'll pay you to drive my car to him :P haha or how about I get you a front passenger power window motor ? Lol
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS