Author Topic: removing pinstripes  (Read 1885 times)

Offline bigbazza6969

• antrx.com junior member
removing pinstripes
« on: Sep 5, 2007, 10:19PM »
Gday ive got those plastic bulky pinstripe things on my corsair and realli want to take them off but am unsure how to do it..also i think it might leave two ridges at the top and bottom of the rail??because when u look at it it looks like the metal come out a bit..has anyone done this and are there any pics?
thanks heaps guys
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline w0057663

• .:Ye Olde Plantyboy that is Matt:.
Re: removing pinstripes
« Reply #1 on: Sep 6, 2007, 07:55PM »
yeah, would be interested in learnin also...i was thinkin bout doin the same thing...
CONFUCIOS SAY:
Baseball all wrong...man with 4 balls cannot walk!
Elevator always smell different to midget!
Man who eat bag of prunes gets good run for his money!
Man who walk through airport door sideways, is going to Bangkok!

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #2 on: Sep 6, 2007, 08:44PM »
i suppose i would probably be able to just rip the plastic off and gring the ridges down then filler weld it in but then id need to paint it and everything..so any other ideas boys?
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 6, 2007, 08:55PM »
Are you talking about the rubber door protector thingy's.

Just rip them off, then clean any goo off with wax and grease remover or a product callled 'goof off'. This stuff is really good, I have used it on mine and dad's car to remove glue.
Then just polish till shiny again, it shouldn't leave any ridges, it didn't on my car. Although I put mine back on cause bumholios kept banging their car doors into my doors.

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #4 on: Sep 6, 2007, 09:32PM »
yer but on the corsairs their is a lip above and below them thats the problem..il get sum pics tomorrow.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 7, 2007, 08:59AM »
Mate I have a corsair. Just rip them off if you want.
    On my car there is no lip only a indent in and then back out, but this is in the metal. To fix you would need a bit of bog, some metal sheeting to cover over the majority of the lip area(the bog is to smooth it out) and a bit of patience. It looks allright without the black strips.
   Have a look at the members rides section at some other cars, I think it is mostly TRX'S that don't have the rubber strip. Try and find Noss's white pintara T (??), it has white wheels, is white and has no rubber strips except on the bumpers. It looks absolutely fantastic.