Author Topic: Discussion - experience with nistune daughterboard  (Read 2230 times)

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
Discussion - experience with nistune daughterboard
« on: Oct 31, 2007, 12:53PM »
Hey guys

was looking at options for a programmable ecu and came across the nistune www.nistune.com . for those of you who dont know what it is, its basically remapping ur stock ecu using a daugtherboard, but the benefits of nistune is that it realtime tuning as appose to burning a rom.

anyways its a fairly new product and it does support u12 and u13 ecus. does anyone have experience with these? the main concerns i have with this product is 1) lack of tuners and 2) its still in testing so if something fucks up car could go boom...

however from trolling the forums, quite a few ppl are running these without any problems

thoughts?
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Discussion - experience with nistune daughterboard
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2007, 12:57PM »
I will be running one of these in my sr powered U12
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2007, 01:41PM »
whos gonna be doing the tuning for u? trying to find tuners for this in bris is hard
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2007, 03:51PM »
Ryan "noss" is tuning it for me. He has all the wideband equipment needed and doesnt charge through the roof. It will get expensive when you start dyno tuning.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"