Author Topic: Window Tint  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
Window Tint
« on: Jul 23, 2007, 01:16AM »
I though i would share this incase someone found it interesting

I was in Kmart in the auto section lookin at what they had and i was very suprised to see DIY window tinting kits, i was quiet suprised! There about $30 a kit duno how many windows they do nor have i used one, just thought i would pass that on!

ohh and its not spray on window tint, its an actual sheet, comes in 4 different shades and yea....
"Noss is God"

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
Re: Window Tint
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2007, 01:55AM »
Hrm no kidding! have to go check it out.  cant be too hard to diy surely.  Anyone had any experience with this? or know anyone?
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2007, 06:04AM »
Yed had it on my sister's car, when you look through window it is all distorted. Not to mention that it looked crap. Better off getting proper tint done by a pro

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2007, 10:02AM »
but how well did you clean the window up before putting it on? did you use spirits to clean it?
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2007, 07:31PM »
Was done proper from memory was a while ago now. The tint we had started to buble as well and wasn't really that dark. Didn't really do much to cut down glare.
     If you do it, it might turn out allright best bet would get some and practice on an old window or bit of glass you might have lying around.

I still say if you want tinted windows pay the extra money and get it done by a reputable shop/pro.

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2007, 02:21PM »
Yeah, I'd rather just get it done by a pro. Nothing worse than driving around with window tint that has massive bubbles in it. Just wait for the summer specials (tint-a-car etc. usually have specials just before summer I think) to come along and then get the tinting done cheaper  :)
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2007, 06:03PM »
we have some kits like that over here, they came with a block of poly to work the water out but it scratches the tint.
we pulled the windows out, cleaned and scraped the glass, used a lot of water on the window to help the tint move over the glass. then work the bubbles out and trimmed the tint back just past the edge of glass to stop it lifting when the window is wound up.

came out ok, but i doubt i will do it again myself. one of those jobs best left for the pro's