Author Topic: Air con stuck on outside air.  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Air con stuck on outside air.
« on: May 7, 2009, 06:40PM »
Hey stooges,

Basically when I press the recirculating air button on the air con I can hear the whirr of the motor and fresh air coming in. When I press it to go back to recirculated air I can hear the whirr but it still lets in the outside air which is annoying in traffic when some douche has a polluting car which comes right in the cabin. Also I suspect if it really was on recirculated air than the blower would push more air in (eg Commodores do this and you can feel the difference) or it maybe the same (eg AU Falcons). I tested the air con by driving with windows up, no air con and when I accelerate hard, can feel air coming through the vents.

The whirr of the motor sounds like it is from more of the top left of the dash and I'm guessing the panel that opens and closes is stuck. What is the best fix for this without removing the entire dash (done it before and it was a Judas experience). I can take out cluster and surrounding which will lead to the middle air box, is there something there I can do??

Where exactly does the air come from? Is it from under the wipers where there is the vents? If so and if it is easier to get to than removing the dash can I just block it off there?

Cheers guys... :)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: Air con stuck on outside air.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:57PM »
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nissan-Repair-825/2009/3/Nissan-Stanza-1990-Air-1.htm

Found this so will take a squizz during the week. And just looked at the FSM, appears it is on the passenger side so will pull the glove box off and see if I can take the intake out and look at the door or something.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:02PM by Habib86 »
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: Air con stuck on outside air.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:13PM »
Was going to say you should be able to get to most of it by taking out glove box and the little panel beside that.  Pretty sure its all behind there.