Author Topic: Work that ass, fatty!  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
Work that ass, fatty!
« on: Oct 2, 2011, 11:08PM »
I've always had the firm belief that to appreciate something fully, you have to do it the hard way. For me to appreciate cars, or more generally having a license, I walk/public transport as often as I can (~10 times a week.. to and from uni :D)

Since I've got the performance bug, I figured, as of the middle of this year, that I'd do something different! Also, my last car failed fairly miserably around that time, in the middle of the outback and was metaphorically taken out back and shot. I've been doing gym for a few years on and off, I was never able to get big though. Strong, but not big. I've taken up fighting (Arnis, Muay Thai, Judo), and was never any good at it. I just couldn't do it for whatever reason. I've tried gymnastics, too! And god did that fail miserably.

So, doing something none of my pals can, I decided to do a half marathon! As a test, I jumped from running 4km to 11km one night. Ah the things we can do with determination!

So, why start this thread? The melbourne marathon is next week! October 9th. I shall be marking ANTRX on my t-shirt somewhere, hopefully it comes up in a picture somewhere ;D

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: Work that ass, fatty!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2, 2011, 11:48PM »
i will send you one if you can wear it in the race!!!
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3, 2011, 12:00AM »
Done! I've only got a race bib to wear over the front. Big ass "ANTRX" on the back. Needs to be here by sunday tho! :P

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2011, 04:02PM »
Woo! So race day went off without a hitch! That is to say at the 3km mark I wanted to call it quits. ;D

Anyhow, came up to the final uphill straight, saw the clock hanging over head - 1:59:50. 10 seconds to dash 30 or so meters and achieve my goal. Didn't manage to do it - 2:00:03 was the time as i went under. However, I didn't cross the start line at 0:00:00. I was waaaaay back. So my official time should be less than 2 hours. Woo! Paying for it today though

Edit (already): Final time: 1:58:21    Position: 3694

Double wooo!

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2011, 12:56PM »
That's an awesome effort! especially considering the lack of preparation.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Cheezel

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2011, 05:52PM »
Thank you, thank you.

Massive props go out to the girlfriend who was waiting at the finish line with an ice cold beer. :D