Author Topic: WTF? throtle switch?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
WTF? throtle switch?
« on: Jan 10, 2005, 11:58PM »
I was looking through my engine, in preporation to change over a wiring loom and i discovered the engine has an electronic throtle switch... but only on the old loom not on the new.
Is it only Auto's that have these switches? and can i leave it unplugged for my manual without any consequences? (there is no plug for it on my manual loom)

Offline fraz

• bandit!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: WTF? throtle switch?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2005, 07:25AM »
I think you mean the tps (throttle position sensor/switch)

There are 2 types on nissans. Usually a small black box on the side of the throttle body with 2 3-pin plugs on it. One is a switch to tell it then its at full throttle or idle, and the other is a constantly variable resistor, to tell the ecu how much accelerator is being used.

If your new loom does not have it and your running the de ecu, then dont worry about it :)
you can get out of a ukrainian prison for 2 packs of marlbro and a bottle of vodka....

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2005, 12:58PM »
Yeah i got the plug for one of them, but not the other.  I was just interested in why one engine would have it and the other wouldnt?  ??? but if it doesnt make too much difference then we are set  :)

Offline fraz

• bandit!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2005, 04:56AM »
If the new ecu and loom only has one plug then dont worry. I would say that it is probably the variable plug so it can use it for load sensing.
you can get out of a ukrainian prison for 2 packs of marlbro and a bottle of vodka....

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #4 on: Jul 3, 2007, 04:55PM »
yeh i know this is an old thread but im looking for info on my car and found this.
personal experience i have had the TPS disconnected for a few months on a manual, i think it leads to worse economy
the shop that did my head left it unplugged
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread