Author Topic: U13 Rear Brake Queries..  (Read 2851 times)

Offline car_fanatica

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
U13 Rear Brake Queries..
« on: Apr 28, 2007, 02:37AM »
Hey guys,

Been a member for a while, am a Pulsar owner, and from the Pulsar forums. Us guys have been doing some research (odd people) into upgrades for the rear, and found odd bits a pieces, about different vehicles that are suitable candidates, but the problem is - The gain from doing this is so minimal, it is cost inaffective and almost pointless.

So - Was wondering if anyone could tell me/give me some specs on the U13 Bluebird Rears?

I'm assuming they are the most advanced Brakes, being that the U13 is the latest made model.. ?

If it does turn out to be viable, it might be worth testing fitment etc, and pursuing it some more, however - If the specs are same, and/OR no better then our SSS Brakes, then it will not be worth it.

Thanks for any help,
Cheers guys,
Rick.

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
Re: U13 Rear Brake Queries..
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2007, 04:25AM »
depends on what spec bird you get.
jap have ABS and aus have NO ABS
As far as i know
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline greenbird

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2007, 09:40AM »
The rear discs on a U13 are 258mm in dia and 10mm thick.
The rear discs on an SR20 powered N14 pulsar are 234mm in dia and 7mm thick.
So the U13 brakes are a LOT larger.
For startes though, the U13 uses a 4 x 114.3mm stud pattern and the pulsar uses a 4 x 100mm stud pattern.
In the best case scenario, you would at a minimum need to get the U13 discs re-drilled to fit on the pulsar hub.
Does the pulsar use a floating type disc, like the U13?
Then you have the drama of fitting the caliper from the U13 to the pulsar. The handbrake system may also pose a problem with this.
In my opinion you would be much better off messing with the front brakes and leaving the rears alone. It would be much easier to convert the fronts...
93 U13 Bluebird
5 spd
Finer Filter, Hi-Flow cat & 2.25" exhaust
17X7 Concept 5 wheels
2 inch lowered King Springs

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2007, 10:42AM »
Iv got a set of U13 rear rotors, calipers and pads for sale you can also have the brake lines if there any use to you.

I also have a set of rotors, calipers and pads for the front of a bluebird. Twin piston brakes.

Both sets of brakes are off a JDM u13

If you want them just shoot me an offer via pm
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2007, 10:45AM by Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing »
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline car_fanatica

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2007, 11:02PM »
The rear discs on a U13 are 258mm in dia and 10mm thick.
The rear discs on an SR20 powered N14 pulsar are 234mm in dia and 7mm thick.
So the U13 brakes are a LOT larger.
For startes though, the U13 uses a 4 x 114.3mm stud pattern and the pulsar uses a 4 x 100mm stud pattern.
In the best case scenario, you would at a minimum need to get the U13 discs re-drilled to fit on the pulsar hub.
Does the pulsar use a floating type disc, like the U13?
Then you have the drama of fitting the caliper from the U13 to the pulsar. The handbrake system may also pose a problem with this.
In my opinion you would be much better off messing with the front brakes and leaving the rears alone. It would be much easier to convert the fronts...

Hey mate, thanks very much for info.. Drawing from the information you've given me, U13's aren't really a good option either, I'm afraid to say.. But thanks for clearing that up!

To answer your comments:

1) I was coming from an N15 SSS (SR20) Perspective though.. Our rears are 258mmx9mm - So that makes your's only 1mm wider.

2) Yes we have 100x4, so drawing on those two points - This is yet another option, that is not really worth it.. Especially with what would have to be done to make the Caliper fit. Hence.. Why I asked for the specs first, to see if it would be worth it.

3) Yes they are a floating, screw/twist type piston caliper, with integrated H/Brake..

4) We have already found a few different upgrades for the front... So now we are just trying to find an upgrade for the rears now, to even up the brake ratio, and increase overall braking power... Hence, The reason why I asked.

Currently - We only have one lead, and alas it's nothing special..

As it is, the Standard SSS Rear Brakes, with DBA Slotted rotors and EBC or RB74 Pads that are available for them - Are quite suffice, mainly we are just doing some research.

Thanks for your help though guys,
Cheers,
Rick!
« Last Edit: Aug 1, 2007, 12:16AM by car_fanatica »