Author Topic: changing doors from a TI to a TRX  (Read 2668 times)

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
changing doors from a TI to a TRX
« on: Nov 3, 2010, 08:31PM »
Hey guys
Um got a Question.I found a pair of doors on a TI  at pick and payless.and im wondering can i just change them over to my TRX? the main reason i wanna change is cause i want power windows and my doors are rooted :( can i just run a relay from my Battery to the front windows? or do i need shit from under the dash? what im planing to do is taking off the Ti's interior off the door and puting the TRX one on.
If theirs any links to anyone doing this can u send it to me.thanks
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline Vithy

• post whore
Re: changing doors from a TI to a TRX
« Reply #1 on: Nov 3, 2010, 10:43PM »
If its anything like changing to a cruise control steeering wheel in my trx, ud be lucky and all he connections to plug into the power windows are already apart of the loom. When i went to change the unit behind the steering wheel that makes the horn work the plugs were already there for the cruise control ect to make the new steering wheel work might be lucky and same case here.
"Noss is God"

Offline BRUCE-TI

• QLD 5 Year Badge!
  • antrx.com full member
  • my car's just out of frame. To the left.<<<<
« Reply #2 on: Nov 3, 2010, 11:22PM »
There is a relay panel behind the drivers kick panel. It is not shown on the drawings but i think you can get the windows working with out it.    I am not entirely sure as to what it does.  Most of the looming should be there.
'91 Pintara TI Saphire Blue with a unifilter and TSW VX1 Venoms.  Mild but soon to be wild.

"Under steer is where the nose of your car hits the wall and over steer is when the ass end of your car hits the wall. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 3, 2010, 11:49PM »
think i forgot to add my TRX doesnt have power windows.ok ill have a look tommorow if i can find it and i might try to use it wene i get the doors.
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #4 on: Nov 4, 2010, 09:06AM »
Are you replacing the whole door? Or wanting to put the ti trims onto trx doors?

I have ti skins on trx doors, there's a couple of things you need to do. The ti arm rests are longer due to the power window switches so the plastic clips you screw into in the door need to be moved. There are holes there however some clips didn't want to stay clipped in and needed to be trimmed in spots with a stanly.

I can't give much advise with the wiring as when I put my trx together I used the complete interior loom from the ti so all my wiring was there and it was a plug and play situation.

If you have anymore questions let me know.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 4, 2010, 12:32PM »
im thinking about changing the whole door. cause my door at moment isnt really good its got rust in it and the window wont move up and down freely.
is it posible to make a new curcuit?
this is my idea:
from the positive side of the battery through to a fuse then to a power window Relay from a TI then to the switch and then to the Electric motor for the window.
will that work in anyway?
Thanks
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0