Author Topic: Electric Windows  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Abaddon

• antrx.com full member
Electric Windows
« on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:09PM »
Hey guys

There isn't much I don't like about my Bluebird.  But one thing which really annoys me is the rumber of times I have turned off my ignition.  Pulled the keys.  And realized the window is down.  Now unlike many cars, you pull the key, you're out of luck.

I am wondering if anyone has rewired their bluebird so the windows work without the car on (or on accessories or whatever).

Maybe gotten tricky and added a second small battery to give enough charge to wind them up once disconnected from main power?

Anyone attempted this and can give me any tips?
"Like a Fish???"

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: Electric Windows
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:34PM »
you can get auto-window winder modules that connect up to your alarm (although I'm sure they could be adapted to a switch or something) from places like jay-car etc.  This is what I plan on eventually doing, also i think you will find that the windows will work without the engine on (the key just has to be in the "on" position ;D)
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:46PM »
yeah luke (rathies) did that, but his one stuffed up, i cant remember why. he has a u12 pintara. he's a vary knowlegable source for this sort of info.
Quote from: SECLUDED

When are you not drunk Ammerty...lol  ::) ;D

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:57PM »
I have done that in my pintara Ti.

One rolls all the windows up on arming, and using on aux channel i can roll the front two windows down whenever i like.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:20PM »
my auto window winder fucked up when my door filled up with water  >:(.
I suggest you go out and find yourself a basic timer relay board, it will allow the windows to remain powered for a pre-defined time after the ignition has been turned off. they usually have a dial on them that will alow you to set the time in minutes/seconds. I have a couple here and i'd be willing to sell one.

You could always just go for the auto window winder, but if your windows are too slow due to a worn out motor the unit will switch to the next window before its wound up all the way.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:31PM »
I have a STR Navara turbo diesel, I fitted a turbo timer which come's in very handy when you forget and turn off the engine. 3 minutes to put your windows up.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline Abaddon

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:16AM »

I have a couple here and i'd be willing to sell one.

In my current financial situation I probably shouldn't even ask, but I'll tell the girlfriend I'm only asking.  Then maybe a "Wow, the windows work!".  How much would you be asking for the timer relay board?  And where are you from, is postage going to make it more worthwhile for me to go hunting through some electrical shops;  that's if it works out that I can work out how/where to install it.

I'd prefer not to go for the auto winder:
a) No Alarm if the plan is to turn it on that way.
b) It's been ridiculously hot lately and sometimes the windows need to be left down a bit
"Like a Fish???"