Author Topic: U13 Instrument Cluster  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
U13 Instrument Cluster
« on: Oct 3, 2005, 10:22PM »
Yeah I purchased a U13 SSS Attesa instrument cluster to use in my U13 LX show I would gain the feature of the gear select display feature that comes on the SSS and Ti models.
I couldn't work out how to remove the tacho (so I could swap it with the one from my LX cluster) so I decided i'd just remove the black cover with P, R, N, D, 2, 1, Over Drive on it and stick it in my LX instrument cluster.
So I did that but the gear select display doesn't work. The Over Drive light worked fine, the P, R, N, D, 2, 1 didn't light up. The original Over Drive light did not light up either.
I didn't remove my Over Drive display light from my LX cluster so that may be conflicting with the P, R, N, D, 2, 1 display.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this?
Maybe the LX instrument cluster just doesn't have the feature (even though it has the slots for the P, R, N, D, 2, 1 bulbs)?
I'll try the SSS Attesa cluster in my car tomorrow and see if it works then.

Also, cheers Ka Bliuey for giving me precise instructions on how to remove my cluster.
Cheers.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: U13 Instrument Cluster
« Reply #1 on: Oct 4, 2005, 03:40AM »
There might not be the signal wire(s) from the transmission ECM to the dash. The circuit on the dash might be different, or it could even be a different wiring harness.

Follow the tracks on the circuit board on the back of the dash cluster back to the plugs, and see if there are any wires connected to the pins of those plugs. This would rule out the wiring harness.

Let us know and we'll go from there.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
Re: U13 Instrument Cluster
« Reply #2 on: Oct 4, 2005, 03:05PM »
Okay I got it working :)
The SSS Attesa cluster has blobs of solder on the gold tracking near the bulbs that light up the gear selector display but the LX cluster does not have the blobs of solder but does have the gold tracking (which is conductive anyway so i'm not sure why it doesn't work).
Gotta love Nissan, all you need to get the gear display working on LX models is the black gauge bracket which has the gear display film, T5 bulbs, and possibly solder some tracks on the back of the cluster.