Author Topic: zl fairlane/xf falcon hybrid  (Read 3145 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
zl fairlane/xf falcon hybrid
« on: Jan 30, 2004, 10:58AM »
last nite my girlfriend and i headed off to our local cinemas & in the carpark i saw the strangest car.. it was a red xf falcon, at least from the windscreen back it was. the front end panels had all been replaced by zl fairlane panels. just to help your imagination run wild as to what this looked like, here are some pictures..

front:

(sorry i couldnt find any xf falcon rear end pics, but i'm sure you all know them)

anyway, i guess that the theory behind the conversion was a great idea at time, but the standout problem that was more obvious than i'm sure the owner would want it to be is that the bottom of the car now no longer lines up.. the front panels, which are fairlane panels, sit much lower than the rest of the car, and it looks just a little bit silly.

the other thing that i dont understand is that this person's falcon will still be a falcon on the inside, not the nice plush fairlane-ness that they're obviously after. unless of course they are going to hunt around for parts, which i just dont understand, as you can pick up a zl fairlane for anywhere between $1500-4000 these days depending on the condition its in.

very confusing indeedy.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: zl fairlane/xf falcon hybrid
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2004, 10:40PM »
just the same as people that put statesman and calais grills on standard commodordes, particularly utes.

sort of

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Feb 1, 2004, 10:40AM »
um yeah, but i'm talking the entire front end was swapped over, and the height of the panels dont match up.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline [JET-20T]

• anwrx member no.1
  • antrx.com junkie
  • boxer
« Reply #3 on: Feb 1, 2004, 03:30PM »
only in bogan-ville  ::)
traction kicked in yo!

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #4 on: Feb 2, 2004, 07:25PM »
I saw something similar last year in adelaide, it was a XF falcon ute with an EL XR falcon front... looked alright! I don't like fords, but this was pretty cool...

Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Feb 2, 2004, 08:38PM »
noss what i meant was how silly some people are to do stuff like put grills from statesmans in commos,, and people that do what your talking about