Author Topic: Hello everybody - Gearstick bushes  (Read 4306 times)

Offline lukeio

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Hello everybody - Gearstick bushes
« on: Oct 25, 2010, 03:02PM »
Hey, Just brought NANDOZ's trx. Loving it at the moment, only problems are the tyres(getting new ones tomorrow!) and the gear stick bushes. Going to get road worthy this week. Just wondering how much new bushes will cost or some general info about them.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Hello everybody - Gearstick bushes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2010, 03:16PM »
Hey mate. The gearstick bushes being damaged may be the result of damaged engine mounts... no use replacing the shift bushes if the engine mounts are damaged, so check them out thoroughly first.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline lukeio

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2010, 03:33PM »
Sorry missed a little bit, the problem is there is no gearstick bushes so the stick just goes back into the middle.

Offline NANDOZ

• antrx.com full member
  • Powered By - Peri Peri Sauce
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2010, 04:21PM »
Found this Lil tech article
http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,6385.0.html

This has some relevance as well
http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,12959.0.html

"the bushes are about $5 from nissan"
 Mar 20, 2007

This one as well chief
http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,3051.0.html

All old threads but at least they will give you a fair idea.  :)

Offline lukeio

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2010, 04:30PM »
Thanks mate, been enjoying driving the car now that I've learnt to drive a manual all over again. The problem seems to be with the springs not the bushes, maybe its missing a spring.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2010, 05:02PM by lukeio »

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2010, 10:27PM »
Sorry missed a little bit, the problem is there is no gearstick bushes so the stick just goes back into the middle.

What? Sorry I'm a bit confused as the gear is supposed to return to the middle. Do you mean for example, between 1 and second it will literally go in between them?

Thanks mate, been enjoying driving the car now that I've learnt to drive a manual all over again. The problem seems to be with the springs not the bushes, maybe its missing a spring.

If you have a spring, it will return to the central position as in if you clutch it and push it in the middle left, it should go right to the centre. If your missing the spring, when you try what I said, it will just stay there and won't return to the middle.

I lost mine along time ago and never went about to refit the return spring, hasn't really been a drama.

If your having trouble engaging gears, it can be a few things, worn bearings in the box, clutch and gearshifter linkages. (Mine were worn and wouldn't engage reverse at all for awhile!!)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline lukeio

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2010, 03:34PM »
Took it for the road worthy today, told me the front engine mount is cracked and the front right strut is cracked and the window wipers were loose,  windscreen was too scratched, fog light had a crack.....
Was charging 1500 for it all to be fixed, ridiculous. Charging 80 dollars labor for fixing the loose window wipers.

Taking it to another guy next week and Im assured it will pass no problem. How much should a strut and front engine mount cost?

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2011, 10:13AM »
The torque mount on the cross member? Or the mount on the LHS of the engine when you are looking under the bonnet? I may have a urethaned one that goes on the LHS, $100 and it's yours.