Author Topic: need to make a decision  (Read 1781 times)

Offline deejay181

• antrx.com junior member
need to make a decision
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 11:07PM »
ok....as the title says....i need to make a decision...i currently have a 1991 for corsair.....standard ca20e and 5 speed.....it has seen better days.....this weekend i am picking up a 1991 ford corsair superhatch......still with the ca20e and 5 spped....for $500....now i am looking to take one off the road to do some decent mods and have some fun with.......now the hatch is in a lot better condition to be a daily driver but looks better (in my opinion) where as the sedan isnt in a good condition for a daily driver....but i think looks a bit ugly (appologies!!!)   so im after peoples opinions as to which vehicle to take off the road to mod

any opinions???

oh sedan is light blue and hatch is white

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
Re: need to make a decision
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2009, 12:49AM »
I'd recommend to use the one in the best condition, or the more reliable one as a daily driver. There is nothing worse than taking a major step with your project car, then having your daily cark it as well.

Not too many people have modified the superhatch. What is it that you don't like about the sedan? the grille and tail lights can be changed to pintara ones (which I think look a bit better) if thats it.
nothing.

Offline deejay181

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:45PM »
well unfortunately the decision has been made for me :( damn sale on the hatch has fallen through........so it looks like i am stuck with just the sedan for now and waiting a bit longer to take it off the road

Offline deejay181

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:28PM »
ok well it is back on again!!!   i now have in additioon to the sedan, a white 1991 corsair superhatch sitting in my carport....tinted windows, ca20 5 speed....good tyres....motor slightly tired but still runs nicely....i am thinking i will go for the hatch as the daily and do up the sedan.......i will get some pics of the hatch and the sedan when i get time

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2009, 11:58PM »
now daily drive the CA and save as much money as you can, spend it on a car that will get you better $ to smile results. At the end of the day it's a ca20 mate, there's no gains to be had.
If you look hard enough manual u13's pop up from time to time for a measly $1500. Now thats a car that will get results, there are a shitload of bolt on parts available, particularly from the US. All you need is the usual breather mods and the thing rockets.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline deejay181

« Reply #5 on: Apr 1, 2009, 10:31PM »
im not really looking for something thast will go really fast tho........if i wanted that i wouldnt have done up old datsuns previously lol.....i was mainly looking at doing it up looks wise.....stereo.......it doesnt have to go fast....i am getting too old for that sort of thing anwyay lol